Rum Cake

Old August 12th 03, 10:14 PM
Katherine Burgess

Default Rum Cake

Gee, I am glad that this is not a recipe group! g
Here is the rum cake recipe I use:
Cake:
I package yellow cake mix
1 small package vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. (I usually
spread some shopped walnuts in the pan before pouring the batter in. ) Mix
the ingredients until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Bake one hour. Cool in
pan 25 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Prick top. Spoon and brush rum
glaze evenly over cake, allowing cake to absorb the glaze.

Rum Glaze

1/4 lb butter
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup rum

Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in water and sugar. Boil 5 minutes.
Remove from heat. Stir in rum.

Note: I use a bundt pan for this cake. It looks quite nice.
Serve with whipped cream and enjoy. Oh, and DON'T think about calories while
eating this!
Katherine

Old August 12th 03, 11:21 PM
Allaya Diep

mmmm....

what a time to be pregnant! :P

Old August 12th 03, 11:53 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 16:14:35 -0500, Katherine Burgess wrote:
Gee, I am glad that this is not a recipe group! g
Here is the rum cake recipe I use:
Cake:
I package yellow cake mix
1 small package vanilla instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Preheat oven to 325=B0F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan. (I
[...]

Knitters and crocheters and such have to eat and drink too, Katherine,
so thanks for sharing.
BTW, I read it as Rum Coke rather than Rum Cake, LOL, and I haven't
been in the sauce today, either!
LOL
Hugs,
Noreen

Noreen's Knit*che
NATA #447
(my family tree is FULL of 'nuts'!)
=A0
=A0
http://www.myegroups.com
Group Code:
3258C1
Picot Page
=A0
Group Code:
32B6E6
Needles, Hooks, Shuttles and Bobbins

=A0

Old August 13th 03, 04:04 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam" wrote

Wow......Rum cake eh......Otto will love that one. We have a little bit
of rum left over from Christmas....(I know I will get reactions to that.)

LOL Not from me, Els. I always have left-over rum. Not left-over other
things, though. g
Katherine

Old August 13th 03, 04:05 AM
Katherine Burgess

AH, but the glaze is loaded (literally!), so she would have to leave the rum
out of that. And I think that is the best part. g
Katherine

"Els van Dam" wrote in message
In article aId_a.32607$ff.15680@fed1read01, "Allaya Diep"
wrote:

mmmm....

what a time to be pregnant! :P

I am sure that by the time the cake is baked thgere is no alcohol left in
it. It will have evaporated.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))

Old August 13th 03, 08:39 AM
G.Kelly

No Katherine I will not think of the calories - I cannot count that far God
Bless Gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

Old August 13th 03, 11:05 AM
Claire

"Allaya Diep" wrote in message
mmmm....

what a time to be pregnant! :P

Isn't it wonderful - guilt free eating! I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts
then I'll have to join the diet group and the gym after November (okay, I'll
postpone till after Christmas, let's be honest!)

Claire

Old August 14th 03, 12:10 AM
Allaya Diep

well THAT'S the understatement of the century! LOL

I made some buttered rum once on a very cold evening while some friends were
over. We got so loaded just smelling it we didn't know what to do with
ourselves! now imagine a nice sponge cake soaking in it. yummy!

Allaya

Old August 14th 03, 04:23 AM
Katherine Burgess

g Glad you liked it, ALlaya.
Katherine

newswz_a.33071$ff.16168@fed1read01...

Styrofoam cake?? S H General Crafting 0 November 11th 04 10:30 PM
OT Chocolate Volcanos NanaV Quilting 8 October 29th 04 11:40 PM
RECIPE FOR WITCH CAKE Beirader Quilting 9 October 19th 04 02:09 AM
About that chocolate cake SlinkyToy Yarn 4 August 4th 03 12:39 PM