water in kiln??

Old September 23rd 04, 07:38 PM
dvd

Default water in kiln??

have you heard anything about introducing water into the gaz kiln to obtein
special effects??

Old September 24th 04, 03:17 AM
Slgraber

i think i heard of that, or read about it 12 years ago or so. providing some
level of reduction assistance somehow.

not really successful or we'd all know more about it.

steve

Subject: water in kiln??
From: "dvd"
Date: 9/23/2004 11:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time
have you heard anything about introducing water into the gaz kiln to obtein
special effects??

steve graber
Old September 24th 04, 08:41 PM
Russell Andavall

Take it from me... Its a good way to blow the door out... Water turns
into steam and builds up pressure at the top of a kiln door... and there
you have just how a kiln door falls down... now the real trick here is
to convince the kiln fairies to pick up the red hot bricks and rebuild
the door... its a great way to cool the kiln down in a few hours, but
its rather hard on the kiln shelves and brick, let alone the potter...
Russ

From: "dvd"
Date: 9/23/2004 11:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time

Old September 25th 04, 07:00 PM
Slgraber

sounds like a "blunder" topic to me...

but how'd the pots come out?

steve

From: "dvd"

Date: 9/23/2004 11:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time
have you heard anything about introducing water into the gaz kiln to obtein
special effects??

steve graber

--------------050808020209090008020802

head title/title/headTake it from me... Its a good way to blow the
door out... Water turns intosteam and builds up pressure at the top of a kiln
door... and there you havejust how a kiln door falls down... now the real
trick here is to convincethe kiln fairies to pick up the red hot bricks and
rebuild the door... itsa great way to cool the kiln down in a few hours, but
its rather hard onthe kiln shelves and brick, let alone the potter...
Russ

Slgraber wrote:
blockquote type="cite"
" i think i heard of
that, or read about it 12 years ago or so. providing some
level of reduction assistance somehow.

not really successful or we'd all know more about it.

steve

blockquote type="cite" Subject: water in kiln??
From: "dvd"

Date: 9/23/2004 11:38 AM Pacific Daylight Time
have you heard anything about introducing water into the gaz kiln to obtein
special effects??

/blockquote !----

steve graber
/blockquote

Old September 26th 04, 02:36 PM
dvd

see www.jeangirel.com he's a great ceramits and he use this way of
firing...

apart, i had found one time in internet, but i don't remenber where, someone
who builds his kiln (great kiln like an anagama..) with conductions for
water inside!!

david

Important - Please beware of a company called Bohle Eric Russell Glass 2 August 23rd 04 07:46 PM
FAQ Raku part 2 of 2 SBRANFPOTS Pottery 0 October 21st 03 02:13 PM
FAQ Raku part 2 of 2 SBRANFPOTS Pottery 0 September 16th 03 11:11 PM
Raku FAQs Tom Buck Pottery 0 July 20th 03 04:49 AM
FAQ:Intro to rec.crafts.pottery Mishy Lowe Pottery 0 July 18th 03 06:05 AM