try not to miss me too much

Old May 26th 04, 12:14 AM
Dr. Quilter

Default try not to miss me too much

some of you might have noticed already that I am not posting with the
frequency of the last few months... yup, I started to work yesterday.

it has been harder than I thought because this weekend I started to
develop a sore throat/cold that I think Sofia has too - she is not
crankier than usual, but she has been sneezing and her nose gets
stuffed, poor thing, and of course she cannot blow it yet!

besides that, she decided to add an extra feeding at 2 to 3:30 AM which
does not help much either... I have been taking the early shift at work
- thankfully we both have flexible schedules -

anyway it is just for a few days since my mom arrives on thu AM and will
stay for several weeks!

to make it On Topic, I can say that at leat I managed to finish her
quilt this weekend, which only needs the label (Mariposa Sunrise it is,
DH and I both agree! ), as well as my border for Melissa's miniRR so I
won't miss the deadline! now, as to how other quilting projects will
progress, I have my doubts...

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
Old May 26th 04, 12:37 AM
nana2b

We don;t care how often you post, just keep in touch. I hope you feel
better. You might even bring home more colds and stuff in the beginning,
because you have a whole new brand of germs to battle. Hugs, Linda

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old May 26th 04, 02:48 AM
Diana Curtis

You will eventually get a handle on being mom, quilter and working out of
home person and wife and .... its a tough balancing act and sometimes
something has to go to make it all fit. ... I vote for tossing housework out
first .
Diana

"Dr. Quilter" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old May 26th 04, 05:30 PM
Dr. Quilter

nana2b wrote:

We don;t care how often you post, just keep in touch.

Thanks for saying that.

I hope you feel
better. You might even bring home more colds and stuff in the beginning,
because you have a whole new brand of germs to battle. Hugs, Linda

I don't understand? You mean because I've not been working for 3 months
and thus not exposed to what is out there?

Old May 26th 04, 05:34 PM
Dr. Quilter

believe it or not my crazy mother is dying to do our housework!
she feels bad she did not get to do our windows during her first visit
when Sofi was born! she actuallt tells me things such as "I am going to
dust all your shelves first" and "we are not going to go out too much,
right, I want to stay in!" )

I am an idiot, but since the neighbour has been watching Sofia in my
house for 4 hours a day since I started work Monday, I make sure
everything is clean and neat before I leave!

BTW, anybody know how much you pay to adults babysitting infants? Is it
area dependent?

Old May 26th 04, 05:56 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Dr. Quilter" wrote:

[...]

Best of luck with juggling the new baby, the new job, and your old
interests, Marissa!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old May 26th 04, 07:07 PM
frood

I took one of DD#1's stuffed toys with me to work when I had to go back
(earlier than I wanted to because a b!tch from he11 boss). Hang in there,
sleep when you can. Post when you feel up to it. We'll be here.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

Old May 26th 04, 11:53 PM
Shona in NZ

I noticed! I was surprised at how few posts there were :-) Take care of
yourself so you can fight away those nasty germs quicker.

Shona who will miss you in NZ

Old May 27th 04, 03:31 PM
Dr. Quilter

I am going to use pics of her for my screensaver... so I'll see her often!

frood wrote:
I took one of DD#1's stuffed toys with me to work when I had to go back
(earlier than I wanted to because a b!tch from he11 boss). Hang in there,
sleep when you can. Post when you feel up to it. We'll be here.

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens
(take the dog out before replying)

Did I miss the New Directory? Kathy Quilting 7 February 28th 04 02:57 PM
Miss Davis' Academy Lee Smith Needlework 5 January 14th 04 12:49 PM
What did I miss? Diana Curtis Quilting 5 August 12th 03 03:13 AM
Directory update Vol 9. ONE MORE WEEK TO RESPOND OR YOU MISS OUT. NO LATE ADDITIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. LN \(remove NOSPAM\) Quilting 0 July 9th 03 10:22 PM