To Maren

Old February 20th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

Default To Maren

Got your package today and I just love what you sent. I was trying to
remember what kind of wood/plant you said they were, but my mind is blank. I
can't wait to incorporate them in my Sea Shards designs! Thanks so much &
lots of hugs...
--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)

Old February 20th 08, 06:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Feb 19, 4:31 pm, "Vibrant Jewels"
wrote:
Got your package today and I just love what you sent. I was trying to
remember what kind of wood/plant you said they were, but my mind is blank. I
can't wait to incorporate them in my Sea Shards designs! Thanks so much &
lots of hugs...

Glad you like them!
I think there were 2 pieces of 'regular' driftwood in there, the ones
that have
the funny shapes are Hawaiian tree fern (locally known as hapu'u, and
don't know the botanical name off the top of my head). - At some point
I'm going to get around to putting some up for sale on my website, but
having lost most of 2 days of the 3 day weekend to vog (volcanic smog,
which affects me more than most people because I get problems with
mucous membranes including the ones behind my eyes, if those are
even mucous membranes, swelling to the point that I can't see
properly,
but at least it's vaguely dry now so that my allergies to do with
'wet'
aren't as bad), that'll have to wait. At least you got some, and I was
hoping
they'd fit in with the rest.

Sorry it took so long to finally get those in the mail, first I didn't
get anything
dry, then I kept forgetting to take them to work, but once I had those
two
gotten together the rest was easy.

Got to do something I don't do often: post an ad.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Blog at: http://hilobeads.blogspot.com/

Old February 23rd 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Maren at google

On Feb 21, 3:07 pm, "Vibrant Jewels"
wrote:
What were the nuts?

sorry, should have said. They are kukui nuts. That's what kukui nuts
really
look like, not like the tumbled ones you see on Ebay. Those usually
come from
the Philippines anyway, not from here. These are of course tumbled
some,
but by the ocean, sand and gravel.

Aloha,
Maren
HiloBeads: Beads - Beading Supplies - Hand-made Jewelry
http://www.hilobeads.com/
Mgambo seeds available.