OT - Computer help

Old August 31st 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

Default OT - Computer help

Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and now I
can't find the info.....

Thanks
Shelagh

Old August 31st 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:23:20 -0500, Shillelagh spun a fine yarn

Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and now I
can't find the info.....

Thanks
Shelagh

arinwhois???????????

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-3, 08/31/2006
Tested: 8/31/2006 1:26:13 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old August 31st 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Threnody

Shillelagh wrote:
Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and now I
can't find the info.....

Thanks
Shelagh

Use the IP lookup form at http://www.geektools.com. A more direct link
to their utility can be found at http://geektools.com/whois.php .

That at least tells you who owns the IP -- that doesn't mean the IP
owner is the person who posted/emailed whatever it is you're looking at.

--
Threnody

http://aff-the-fang.blogspot.com
http://totallyhooked.blogspot.com
Old August 31st 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

"YarnWright" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 13:23:20 -0500, Shillelagh spun a fine yarn
Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and

now I
can't find the info.....
Thanks
Shelagh

arinwhois???????????

Noreen

Will this help?

http://ws.arin.net/cgi-bin/whois.pl?...151.203.57.232

Carey in MA

Old August 31st 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DA

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and now
can't find the info.....

Thanks
Shelagh

http://www.samspade.org.

DA

Old September 1st 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"DA" wrote in message

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and

now
can't find the info.....

Thanks
Shelagh

http://www.samspade.org.

DA

Thanks to all who replied - that's what I love about this group - almost any
info can be had from our special group. ;)

Shelagh

Old September 1st 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
SpikeDriver

Shillelagh wrote:
"DA" wrote in message
"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Isn't there a link to where you can plug in an IP address and the engine
will tell you where it's from? I used to do that once in a while and

now
can't find the info.....

Thanks
Shelagh

http://www.samspade.org.

DA

Thanks to all who replied - that's what I love about this group - almost any
info can be had from our special group. ;)

Shelagh

The sights they gave will do the job Shelagh.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail