Update - day one with meds, farmyard experiences

Old August 8th 03, 02:13 AM
Katherine Burgess

Default Update - day one with meds, farmyard experiences

"SlinkyToy"wrote

This morning and per the doc's recommendation T got half of the prescribed
dose of the AdderallXP (extended release). The report from preschool is
that he had a fantastic morning and an increasingly difficult afternoon.
Tomorrow I'll take a half dose to school at lunchtime and give it to T and
see if his afternoon improves.

Sounds like just what the doctor ordered. (No pun intended!g) Let's hope
that the improvement continues.

On other fronts, I spent the morning helping my friend the shepherd worm

our
collective flock AGAIN. In the past she hasn't wormed routinely because

we
keep primitive breeds that are to a degree resistant to parasites. It

seems
that the neighbors' overmedicated and medication-resistant worms have made
it into our pasture, as this is the third worming and hte beasties are

still
apparently carrying a high wormload. One of the big Shetland ewes took me
for a ride around the pen, which ended with me being trampled by the

damned
stupid sheep. I'm sore, but up and moving. I had dirt in my underthings
after THAT experience, and three nails ripped into the quick. Sheep rodeo
is NOT something adults should do, but my boy might enjoy it

Yet another reason for me NOT to have sheep.

I got 8 rounds made on my sweater this afternoon, and about 20 rows of the
shawl.

Sounds as though this was a productive day, Slinky.
Take care,
Katherine

Old August 8th 03, 02:15 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 18:49:35 -0500, SlinkyToy wrote:
This morning and per the doc's recommendation T got half of the
prescribed
dose of the AdderallXP (extended release). The report from
preschool is
that he had a fantastic morning and an increasingly difficult
afternoon.
Tomorrow I'll take a half dose to school at lunchtime and give it
to T and
see if his afternoon improves.

Well, if his morning was any indication, I'd say that your lunchtime
plan just might be THE 'plan'.

[...]

Pride hurt more than anything else? I've ridden a cow, but never a
sheep!

I got 8 rounds made on my sweater this afternoon, and about 20 rows
of the
shawl.

Well, you got more accomplished than I did! Good for YOU, Slinky!
Noreen

Old August 8th 03, 06:10 PM
NoraBalcer

Slinky,

I was thrilled when I read the great news about your son. I know you and only
you know what is best for your son. Prayers going out to both of you.

Now, sheep riding, no I don't think so thank you.

Happy to see the great progress you made on your projects. Now to take a nice
relaxing bath to prevent getting too stiff.

Hugs,

Nora