Apology for my trivia post

Old August 6th 03, 02:43 PM
G.Kelly

Donna it certainly was not mindless ! Noreen as Donna said " to each their
own" God Bless gwen

--

Gwen Kelly

"Brian D" wrote in message
Hi Noreen:

Geesh, must be my server, I missed your trivia post. I can't imagine it
being mindless though!
If I were you I'd chalk it up to...."to each his/her own"!
Wishing you all the best.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Sorry SOME thought it was mindless.
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Old August 6th 03, 11:35 PM
spampot

Katherine Burgess wrote:
"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote

Seems to me it says something about socks. They must want to be odd.

Have you ever heard James Gordons' song "Gypsy Socks"? It is all about those
socks which disappear from your washer or drier, and how much they enjoy the
life of a rover. Absolutely hilarious!
Katherine

Ohmigosh, I would LOVE to hear this. Any chance of finding a sound file
on the Web, I wonder...

Old August 7th 03, 12:06 AM
Lucille

Here a copy of the words for everyone to enjoy. I had never seen it before
and I'm glad I didn't go through life deprived.

http://www.alsimmons.com/lyrics/tl_gypsysock.html

Lucille

No I haven't. It sounds delightful!

wrote:

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote

Seems to me it says something about socks. They must want to be odd.

Have you ever heard James Gordons' song "Gypsy Socks"? It is all about

those
socks which disappear from your washer or drier, and how much they enjoy

the
life of a rover. Absolutely hilarious!
Katherine

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/

Old August 7th 03, 02:27 AM
spampot

Snort! This is a scream! Thanks!

Old August 7th 03, 02:49 PM
Katherine Burgess

"spampot" wrote ...
Katherine Burgess wrote:
"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote

Seems to me it says something about socks. They must want to be odd.

Have you ever heard James Gordons' song "Gypsy Socks"? It is all about

those
socks which disappear from your washer or drier, and how much they enjoy

the
life of a rover. Absolutely hilarious!
Katherine

Ohmigosh, I would LOVE to hear this. Any chance of finding a sound file
on the Web, I wonder...

Not as far as I know. CBC plays it once in a while, and it is available to
purchase. If you do a search, you will get James' URL and you can go from
there.
Good luck.
Katherine

Old August 7th 03, 02:51 PM
Katherine Burgess

Thanks, Lucille. And James sings it like a gypsy - you know, our
romanticised version of a gypsy - the Romany living a wild, free life. It is
hilarious!
Katherine