Apology for my trivia post

Old August 5th 03, 06:30 PM
Brian D

Default Apology for my trivia post

Hi Noreen:

Geesh, must be my server, I missed your trivia post. I can't imagine it
being mindless though!
If I were you I'd chalk it up to...."to each his/her own"!
Wishing you all the best.

Donna from Ontario, Canada

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote in message
Sorry SOME thought it was mindless.
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Old August 5th 03, 06:39 PM
Brian D

Hi Noreen:

Ooops...I did see the post!
I think it's interesting! Makes one say...hmmmmmm!

Old August 5th 03, 06:52 PM
Karen

I thought it was interesting, and certainly not OT being a
rec.crafts.textiles newsgroup. I thought it was pretty amazing actually
that so much could be made from a single bale of cotton.

Karen in MN

Old August 5th 03, 08:25 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 14:13:59 -0500, Noreen's Knit*che wrote:

They never tried to spin a whole bale of cotton. g
Aaron

Just how much is in a bale, anyway? How much does one weigh?
Not that I would try to spin one. I don't much like spinning cotton.

THAT would be an accomplishment, wouldn't it? I do have to write the
editor of the History/News newsrag I copied it from though.... the
period/decimals were MY mistake (Helen's hilarious way of pointing that
out is still making me chuckle)... but, Helen pointed out something else,
it's an ODD amount of socks!
hmmmm
Noreen

Seems to me it says something about socks. They must want to be odd.

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old August 5th 03, 08:55 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:25:41 GMT, "Helen \"Halla\" Fleischer" wrote:

Just how much is in a bale, anyway? How much does one weigh?
Not that I would try to spin one. I don't much like spinning cotton.

Answering my own question, I looked it up on the net by doing a search on
"bale of cotton weighs" First page that came up had a longer version of
that same list of how much you can make from a bale, with the added info
that it weighs about 480 pounds. They specified mid-calf socks, still odd.

Old August 5th 03, 09:12 PM
Lucille

Personally I thought it was fun and since my dog has been sick with a
serious stomach problem, and I really messed up with the sterilizing plastic
fiasco, I sure needed fun.

SOME people do not have a sense of humor.

Lucille

Old August 6th 03, 01:54 PM
Katherine Burgess

Mindless??? Not at all! We love trivia posts, as these are what make reading
here so much fun. We never know what we will find.
Keep it up, my friend!
Hugs,
Katherine