non-traditional patterns (knitted)

Old July 29th 03, 12:53 AM
spampot

Noreen's Knit*che wrote:
In article ,
says...

Well, if you are going to start earworms without lyrics, how about the theme
from Jaws? g
Katherine

Okay, the 1812 Overture... (theme from the Lone Ranger) GRIN and Gotcha!
Rotfl,
Hugs,
Noreen

Sorry, Noreen, the Lone Ranger theme was the William Tell overture by
Rossini (Tchaikovsky wrote the 1812 overture).

There was an old joke about how the definition of an intellectual was
someone who could hear the Wm. Tell overture w/out thinking of the Lone
Ranger...now out of date as today's kids, of course, even the
thirty-somethings, never saw the Lone Ranger!

Old July 29th 03, 12:56 AM
spampot

Anna MCM wrote:
spampot wrote:

WONDERFUL! Thank you! However did you do it? I clicked all over that
archive page and couldn't find it.

I just guessed about the existence of a "Home" button (it was a "ghost"
button, like all the pics there) :-)
The strange thing is that the link from the index to the pattern pages
sometimes works sometimes doesn´t, so I strongly recommend to print the
patterns out and/or copy them on the hard disk.

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Yes, I was sure I had copied all those patterns from the original
(balart.com) page, but I'd somehow missed the Pinwheel Hat.
Interestingly, I read at work today about various web resources for
cached copies; it recommended, among others, http://www.archive.org

Thanks again!

Old July 29th 03, 03:56 AM
Katherine Burgess

Duelling Banjos!
Katherine
/

Old July 29th 03, 03:58 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote
Okay, the 1812 Overture... (theme from the Lone Ranger) GRIN and Gotcha!

Check the title, my friend. You mean the William Tell Overture.
But the 1812 Overture is every bit as ear-wormy. g
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 03:59 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Allaya Diep" wrote
www.knitty.com also has some interesting patterns for free. I really

enjoy
that magazine.

Me, too, Allaya. I am planning to make some hats from the Lacy Hat pattern
in the latest issue.
Katherine

Old July 29th 03, 05:20 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote
Okay, the 1812 Overture... (theme from the Lone Ranger) GRIN and Gotcha!

Check the title, my friend. You mean the William Tell Overture.
But the 1812 Overture is every bit as ear-wormy. g
Katherine

Yes and the end is not an earworm but earsplitting...we once listend to it
at an outdoor festival and The Haida a very old and worn out-of-serves
warship, in Toronto harbour, did the honour with the canon shots in the
end. It is Otto's favorite. Loves noisy music.

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 29th 03, 10:14 PM
Shillelagh

"Katherine Burgess" wrote in message

Els,
That must have been fabulous to listen to! When I was a more proficient
pianist than I am now (I just don't practice!), I used to play Tchaikovsky
to work off angry moods. I felt that I could just pound on the piano like

mad musician. LOL
Katherine

I love Tchaikovsky - especially his Piano Concerto #1 - I think it was the
first classical piece I ever heard as a child. Years ago, Van Cliburn came
to Winnipeg and I went to the concert - he played it and was fabulous!!
And - only a couple of years ago, I went to hear a Russian pianist do the
same piece (please don't ask me his name - I can't remember). He got a
standing O, and gave me chills playing it!!

Also, when my daughter was young, she wanted piano lessons - all we could
afford was group lessons at Yamaha, and I went too. I've always wanted to
play - well, my daughter did very well - and I was amazed at what I learned
to play. They taught chords for the left hand, and then later I tried to
learn to read the left hand - aaaaaagh - but ...... I did learn a simplified
version of "Fur Elise" and was thrilled to play it passably. So - I totally
admire anyone who can play.

Shelagh

Old July 29th 03, 10:34 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine
Burgess" wrote:

"Els van Dam" wrote
"Katherine Burgess" wrote:
.
But the 1812 Overture is every bit as ear-wormy. g

Yes and the end is not an earworm but earsplitting...we once listend to it
at an outdoor festival and The Haida a very old and worn out-of-serves
warship, in Toronto harbour, did the honour with the canon shots in the
end. It is Otto's favorite. Loves noisy music.

Els,
That must have been fabulous to listen to! When I was a more proficient
pianist than I am now (I just don't practice!), I used to play Tchaikovsky
to work off angry moods. I felt that I could just pound on the piano like a
mad musician. LOL
Katherine

ah I still work off angry moods.....I throw dishes, pots and pans,
cuttlery etc about. It is a help. Playing the piano that way must be
great, everyone thinks you are letting go of all those wonderful artistic
feelings......In a mean time you are mummbling under your breath....."take
this and this and that as well"

All this takes me back some years, when my very best friend and i were
saying goodbuy to one and other on our frontsteps. Across the street a
woman dashed out of the house. She stopped in the middle of the street
and yelled at the top of her voice, shaking her fist, and stamping her
feet. My friend looked at me and said...." my oh my that looks good, I
often feel like doing that"........LOL

Els

--
delete doba to email me.....:=))
Old July 30th 03, 01:30 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Shillelagh" wrote ...

[...]

So do I, Shelagh. I should be able to play passably, but it still needs
more practice. g
Katherine