non-traditional patterns (knitted)

Old July 26th 03, 06:07 PM
NoraBalcer

Default non-traditional patterns (knitted)

Hi,

Don't know if this would fit what you are looking for but this came to mind.
Doll clothes and stuffed animals.

Nora
Old July 26th 03, 06:18 PM
PEmpson181

Check out the books on this web site:
http://www.frugalhaus.com/

Pat
Old July 26th 03, 06:39 PM
spampot

Have you tried socks?

bekee wrote:
Hey there! I've only been knitting for a half a year, but I already fit most
of the "knitaholic" requirements! I've done about 30 small pieces (hats,
cell phone cozies, scarves, bags and the like) and I really enjoy the
smaller projects that I can carry around and that don't take too long; since
I usually only get time to knit on the weekend.

What I'd like to find, without weeding through patterns for sweaters,
pullovers, and wraps are "little" project patterns. I can't even think of
what type of thing I'd like to knit, but you can only do so many
quick-and-easy winter hats. I'd like to find some funky looking bag
patterns, or just something that's rarely knitted.. like a steering wheel
cover; strange stuff like that.

Any links or help from anyone with an oddball collection of patterns? I've
got a bunch of yarn to use up!

---

Old July 26th 03, 06:48 PM
bekee

Thanks for the frugalhaus link! I found a couple things on there that peaked
my interest.

spampot, it would appear that I have the one-sock syndrome. I should just
hunker down and finish a pair.

I also ordered a couple vintage pattern books, one of which has a knitted
steering wheel cover pattern.

Old July 26th 03, 11:15 PM
Mary

"bekee" wrote in message ...
Hey there! I've only been knitting for a half a year, but I already fit most

I take my small bits of yarn and make sweaters for children -- I get a
chance to test out various stitch patterns and color patterns, and the
kids get sweaters. I've never met a school administrator who doesn't
know who needs what. Patterns I like I write down for later, and
those I'm not wild about . . . well, I'm finished fairly soon!

Old July 27th 03, 12:56 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Anna MCM" wrote ...
bekee wrote:

What I'd like to find, without weeding through patterns for sweaters,
pullovers, and wraps are "little" project patterns. I can't even think

of
what type of thing I'd like to knit, but you can only do so many
quick-and-easy winter hats. I'd like to find some funky looking bag
patterns, or just something that's rarely knitted.. like a steering

wheel
cover; strange stuff like that.

Hi!

Once I gave a link to a nice website with a very lovely ear covers
pattern. Unfortunately the website doesn´t exist anymore, but maybe some
of the contributors here have the link to the cached copy on Google (I
tried to find it, but couldn´t). It was called pinwheel earcovers or
something like that... someone here made them, I don´t remember who,
sorry.
For the abitual contributors he it was the candle flame shawl
website...

Was it the dragon's tooth ear cosy? This is the URL on my copy, but I am not
certain if it works or not:
http://www.balart.com/DRAGON.HTM
Katherine

Old July 27th 03, 06:47 AM
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

What about some little dolls , always neat if you have kids , and also
neat as presents for friends , mine just `steal` them ,,,
here a neat idea, i saw some small cloth bags and add a little knitted
doll as a holder for money or keys ,,,,
mirjam

bekee wrote:

[...]

Bye,

Anna Maria

Old July 27th 03, 09:27 AM
Anna MCM

Katherine Burgess wrote:

Was it the dragon's tooth ear cosy? This is the URL on my copy, but I am not
certain if it works or not:
http://www.balart.com/DRAGON.HTM
Katherine

Yes, it was!!!
I searched again on google, but no cached copy anymore :-( Sorry...
Hugs,

Anna Maria
Old July 27th 03, 10:32 AM
Jane

"Anna MCM" wrote in message
Katherine Burgess wrote:

Was it the dragon's tooth ear cosy? This is the URL on my copy, but I am

not
certain if it works or not:
http://www.balart.com/DRAGON.HTM
Katherine

Yes, it was!!!
I searched again on google, but no cached copy anymore :-( Sorry...
Hugs,

Anna Maria

Here it is, though the pic is long gone:

http://tinyurl.com/i6l1

Jane

Old July 27th 03, 10:52 AM
Anna MCM

Jane wrote:

Here it is, though the pic is long gone:

http://tinyurl.com/i6l1

Thanks!!!

Anna Maria