Floss question re Thimbelina: Lynne Nicoletti

Old July 2nd 04, 04:23 AM
Jenn Liace

Default Floss question re Thimbelina: Lynne Nicoletti

I'm stitching on Thimbelina, and I hae a question regarding the
fleshtones.

I'm currently on legs. The colors used, from outside edge to
innermost area, are (solid circle with line) DMC 3773, (hollow
diamond) 950, and (hollow circle) 3774. The color picture shows that
the outer edge is darkest and lightens to the middle. However, the
flosses (unless I have something mislabeled) are 3774 darkest, then
3773 and finally 950.

Obviously, I'm going to be redoing the portion of leg I've already
done to make the actual colors match what they should be for shading.
However, I have two questions:

Is the usage of these three colors and symbols consistent - i.e., can
I completely switch symbols based solely on this leg or must I
manually compare every section that uses fleshtones?

Is is possible - oh the horror!!! - I have a misprinted copy?

Jenn L.
--
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com

WIP's:
Thimbelina (Lynne Nicoletti)
Lady Scarlet's Journey (Just Nan)

UFO's:
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old July 2nd 04, 11:36 AM
F.James Cripwell

Looking at my DMC chart, these three are next to each other. 3773 is
darkest, then 950, then 3774. HTH.

Jenn Liace ) writes:
[...]

Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
time that is spent in stitching.
Adapted from a sign on The Cobb, Lyme Regis, England.
Old July 2nd 04, 12:02 PM
Fred

I would suspect you labeled your floss wrong.
The color picture shows that
the outer edge is darkest and lightens to the middle.

IMHO This hi-lights the inner part making it appear a bit 3-d.
The light part appears to be closer to the eye. The front of the
leg would appear like this )-lightest.
The darkest part appears to be further away. If the inner part
was darkest and the outer edge lightest the leg would look like
this (-darkest.
IMHO I think the picture is also correct but I've never seen it.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"

Old July 2nd 04, 08:31 PM
Lynne Nicoletti

Phew, you had me worried for a moment there, Jenn... I hope you have fun
with the little needlework fairy. Thanks a lot for helping out, Fred.