non-traditional patterns (knitted)

Old July 30th 03, 01:33 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Els van Dam wrote in message
ah I still work off angry moods.....I throw dishes, pots and pans,
cuttlery etc about. It is a help. Playing the piano that way must be
great, everyone thinks you are letting go of all those wonderful artistic
feelings......In a mean time you are mummbling under your breath....."take
this and this and that as well"

And piano is definitely the best!!!

All this takes me back some years, when my very best friend and i were
saying goodbuy to one and other on our frontsteps. Across the street a
woman dashed out of the house. She stopped in the middle of the street
and yelled at the top of her voice, shaking her fist, and stamping her
feet. My friend looked at me and said...." my oh my that looks good, I
often feel like doing that"........LOL

Oh, I think that I could like your friend! g
Katherine

Old July 30th 03, 11:19 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

| On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:19:40 GMT, "Stella Fenley" wrote:

remember ren ten ten,sky king, bat man
wagon train,big valley,daniel boone,rifleman,big valley,shirley temple's
song big ship lollipop.thats just a few more to share.Stella

Or how about this one:

"There's a hold up in the Bronx.
Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's traffic jam in Harlem,
That's backed up to Jackson Heights.
There's a scout troop short a child.
Kruschev's due at Idlewilde..."

Heh. heh. Shall I leave off the last line or are you all singing it
already?

"...Car 54, where are you!"

And "Charlie says" don't get me started on the commercials!

Helen "Halla" Fleischer,
Fantasy & Fiber Artist in Fairland, MD USA
http://home.covad.net/~drgandalf/halla/
Old July 30th 03, 11:33 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

In article , "Helen \"Halla\"
Fleischer" says...
snipped

And "Charlie says" don't get me started on the commercials!

Charlie says,
Love my good n plenty
Charlie says,
Really rings my bell
Charlie says,
Love my good n plenty
don't know any other candy
that I love so well.

Ping! I HAD to do it.
lol,
Noreen

--
Noreen's Knit*che
(Knitting, Crocheting, Tatting & BobbinLace are my NICHE in life...)

Old July 31st 03, 02:25 AM
Katherine Burgess

"Helen "Halla" Fleischer" wrote ...
| On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:19:40 GMT, "Stella Fenley" wrote:

remember ren ten ten,sky king, bat man
wagon train,big valley,daniel boone,rifleman,big valley,shirley temple's
song big ship lollipop.thats just a few more to share.Stella

Or how about this one:

"There's a hold up in the Bronx.
Brooklyn's broken out in fights.
There's traffic jam in Harlem,
That's backed up to Jackson Heights.
There's a scout troop short a child.
Kruschev's due at Idlewilde..."

Heh. heh. Shall I leave off the last line or are you all singing it
already?

"...Car 54, where are you!"

And "Charlie says" don't get me started on the commercials!

LOL Yes, I was singing it already. How sad! g
Katherine

Old July 31st 03, 02:35 PM
Helen \Halla\ Fleischer

Tee hee. That Good n'Plenty jingle had been rattling around in my head ever
since I suggested it. Pushed out Car 54 immediately. This morning my
reading is doing its best to push out the one I woke up with:

"..and Oz never did give nothing to the tin man,
that he didn't, didn't already have...."

Must have heard it on the oldies station recently. That is the worst kind
of ear worm because I know so few of the words.

Old July 31st 03, 04:00 PM
Katherine Burgess

"Katherine Burgess" wrote:

And "Charlie says" don't get me started on the commercials!

LOL Yes, I was singing it already. How sad! g
Katherine

Almost as bad as whistling the Teaberry Shuffle!

We need to get lives!g
Katherine

Old July 31st 03, 10:18 PM
AGRES

I do small tightly knit "bags" that I fill with dried lavender* from the
garden. Some go in with our woolens into storage, and others go as small
gifts to friends at Christmas.

Knitting patterns are evolved from mitten patterns (without the thumb.)

*In the summer lavender gets cut, and spends a couple of days on a screen
drying in the sun. Then, I put a bunch in a heavy paper bag and shake hard.
Most flower buds come off. The buds spend a day in the sun. Then they go
into the freezer for a couple of days (uncovered). Then the buds are allowed
to come up to room temperature, any dust or small particles are sifted out,
the buds are tested for dryness, placed in sealed packages, and returned to
the freezer. (The sudden freeze, thaw, freeze cycle kills most insects.
Final storage in freezer maintains fragrance).

Gift bags of lavender flowers are made-up and distributed as holiday gifts,
and our bags of lavender are renewed with fresh lavender from the freezer in
the spring as we put woolens into storage.

Aaron

"bekee" wrote in message
Hey there! I've only been knitting for a half a year, but I already fit

most
of the "knitaholic" requirements! I've done about 30 small pieces

(hats,
cell phone cozies, scarves, bags and the like) and I really enjoy the
smaller projects that I can carry around and that don't take too long;

since
I usually only get time to knit on the weekend.

What I'd like to find, without weeding through patterns for sweaters,
pullovers, and wraps are "little" project patterns. I can't even think of
what type of thing I'd like to knit, but you can only do so many
quick-and-easy winter hats. I'd like to find some funky looking bag
patterns, or just something that's rarely knitted.. like a steering wheel
cover; strange stuff like that.

Any links or help from anyone with an oddball collection of patterns? I've
got a bunch of yarn to use up!

---

Old August 8th 03, 11:08 PM
Kayrun