Need help for Boo Boo Brush

Old January 22nd 04, 01:40 PM
Fred

Default Need help for Boo Boo Brush

Ok, I frogged a few stitches. Took my boo boo brush and got all the fuzzys
off the ground fabric. Could someone please tell me how to get the fuzzys
off the boo boo brush. It has been so long since I used it I forgot how to
clean it - which maybe is why I seldom use it.
T.I.A.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

Success in one's career is no proof
and not much evidence that one is
not a dumbbell the rest of the time.

W.I.P. - "Fiddler on the Roof".
W.I.L., "Romantic Venice",
"Ocean Princess", "Southwest Charm",
"Rainbow Trail", "Indian Pottery", "One Earth",
"Spirit of the Full Moon"
and "+?", "+?", "+?".

Old January 23rd 04, 12:10 AM
Rhea

Would sliding a piece of tape across it work? Probably not politcally correct,
but I wrap tape around my finger, sticky side out, and rub across fabric to
remove my fuzzys.

Subject: Need help for Boo Boo Brush

Old January 23rd 04, 01:20 AM
Skyhooks

I thought the same thing too using sticky tape to remove the
fuzzies. If the tape doesn't work, then perhaps using a tooth-brush (or
even a fine-toothed comb?) to "comb" the boo-boo may work? I know I use
a comb (well, more like a "pick") to remove hair from my hair-brusH.

Sky
too lazy to do sig (sigh)

Old January 23rd 04, 02:27 AM
Stephanie

Could someone please tell me how to get the fuzzys
off the boo boo brush.

I would love the answer to this question too! I bought a Boo Boo Brush because
I thought it would be a time saver, but then all the threads are caught in the
brush.

Stephanie
Alabama, USA

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old January 23rd 04, 02:46 AM
Brenda Lewis

An eyelash/brow comb.

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: "Pink Baby" photo frame, Candamar

Old January 23rd 04, 04:42 AM
Fred

This part is for after you have frogged a few stitches;

I found a *gentle* rub with masking tape (sticky side down) works to get the
fuzzys off the fabric. The boo boo brush is good for pushing the fuzzys out
of the holes. I also use a small battery powered car vacuum to suck up the
any remains - very quiet at 2:30 a.m.G. I have tried everything imaginable
for cleaning the boo boo brush - nuttin woiks very well. They are cheap so
maybe as a last resort I will try a lit candle - then wash off the soot and
ash, assuming there is anything left.

This part is for after you have finished the design;

I don't like to use any kind of a brush on a finished design. It raises the
possibilities of making matters worse. I go over mine with a few *light*
strokes of my hand and masking tape sticky side down. I say *light* because
some brands are very sticky. Then vacuum gently.

IMHO most of the fuzzys sticking up through the surface are bits of the ends
of buried threads from the back that get pulled through. If the design
still looks like it could use a *shave* - er - that is what it gets. I
gently pass the mustache trimmer part of my electric razor over the fuzzy
spots and vacuum off any residue. Works like a charm. No after shave lotion
advisedG.

Old January 23rd 04, 04:51 AM
Fred

It is safe to use on areas where you have frogged stitches. Like you say it
catches threads and I would *never* use it on stitched areas. Cleaning the
brush is a bear!! Hey maybe that's a better name - Boo Bear Brush.G

Old January 23rd 04, 06:11 AM
Jeanine3

I use a mustache comb and my sister uses a baby comb.
HTH,
Jeanine in Canada

An eyelash/brow comb.