Sunday 5/13

Old May 13th 07, 04:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

Default Sunday 5/13

Knitting

Beaded silk shawl of my own design. The knitting goes very slowly as
I have to push along several hundreds of beads as I go. I've had to
cut out two knots so far (from my $50+ hank of yarn, grrr) and make
Russian joins. It's fiddly but not challenging as such things go.

Seed stitch sweater. I found a 16" 4mm rosewood needle for an
exhorbitant amount of money, but the sleeves will go a lot faster now
methinks.

Spinning: none at the moment.

I hate having thyroid problems. For the last week I literally shut
down around 4pm and I'm useless for the rest of the day. Friday was
the class trip to a nearby amusement park (which was a bust because
half the attractions weren't open yet and the ones that were had
height requirements most of the class didn't meet) and we didn't get
home until nearly midnight - at which point my a$$ was dragging so
badly I barely made it into the house. I tried to get out of bed
yesterday morning but it just didn't work; I essentially slept for
about 36 hours through 7am this morning. Today I feel almost human,
though I'm still physically tired my brain at least seems to be
running in 2nd gear.

Later today I'm making dinner at my MIL's house and doing assorted
chores for her. Anything to keep her living in her home and not mine

Old May 13th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message

I hate having thyroid problems.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it's been discussed before, but I must be
incredibly lucky with my underactive thyroid. I've been stabilized on
Synthroid, and don't seem to have any issues. I do get tired from time to
time, but I really think that's more related to any physical activity I
might be doing. Such as, yesterday worked like a dog digging and planting
in the garden, for more than six hours. I'm over 60, so I think I'm allowed
to be tired after that ;D.

I hope you feel better soon.

Shelagh

Old May 13th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

The knitting sounds lovely, Wooly.

I was wondering how you were doing with the GD. I know you're a
little ahead of me on your treatment, and I was wondering if you'd
gotten stablized yet.

I see the endo this week for an ultrasound and checkup. I'm not
feelling too draggy, which is suprizing, as I'm usually calling for an
up on my meds a couple of weeks before the checkup. Maybe I'm getting
close.

I hope you get your meds worked out and have some energy for the
summer.

Hesira

Old May 13th 07, 09:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On 13 May 2007 12:18:34 -0700, hesira wrote:

The knitting sounds lovely, Wooly.

Thanks So far I've only missed one bead on the shawl. I don't
think I've got any errors in the sweater, but as soon as I say that
I'll find a huge one someplace obvious

I was wondering how you were doing with the GD. I know you're a
little ahead of me on your treatment, and I was wondering if you'd
gotten stablized yet.

I'm a moving target and will be for a couple of years. I'm
sub-optimally replaced on Synthroid, but right now if I take Cytomel
AND Synthroid I start having some of the cardiac hyper problems that
kicked my butt last summer. Diabetes doesn't help - I use insulin AND
I'm insulin-resistant, so I have to eat first thing in the morning,
which affects Synthroid uptake, which keeps me hypo despite dose
increases. Once I *am* adequately medicated I need to try to get some
weight off so that my insulin resistance can come down so that I can
use less insulin. But once I start losing weight I'll need to adjust
the thyroid meds back down...

Some days I feel like a hamster in a wire wheel!

I see the endo this week for an ultrasound and checkup. I'm not
feelling too draggy, which is suprizing, as I'm usually calling for an
up on my meds a couple of weeks before the checkup. Maybe I'm getting
close.

I have to remember to ask about my last ultrasound at my next endo
visit. She didn't say anything was out of order, but she may also
have overlooked the radiology report. I am pretty sure the "nodule"
was an artifact or possibly a blob of blood vessels, as the US tech
told me my thyroid is "very homogeneous" these days. The antibodies
and hyperthyroidism were not artifacts however!

My lab report comes with a fresh lab slip for more bloodwork. I'll go
tomorrow, probably get a call for a dose adjustment on Tuesday or
Wednesday.

I hope you get your meds worked out and have some energy for the
summer.

Thanks. I do too

Hesira

Old May 14th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
JJMolvik

My Sunday/Mother's day was spent @ my DM house doing electrical work.
Partly because it needed to be done, partly 'cause I love doing it, and
partly because our sewer pump @ our house went out (for the 3rd time in 10
years), and the plumbers said they had to send a specific technician that
wasn't in till MONDAY!!!! DM had a houseful with the 4 Molviks plus dog
(their cats were thrilled -NOT-) Not a whole lot of fun regarding home, but
accomplished 3 out of 5 of the outstanding wiring projects @ my folks house.
Very satisfying.

JJMolvik

Sunday, rainy Sunday Shillelagh Yarn 5 September 20th 06 10:49 PM
Sunday here again Gwen Yarn 10 March 28th 06 03:43 PM
It's Sunday.... MRH Yarn 12 November 23rd 05 05:20 PM
OT Sunday again Aud Yarn 29 October 5th 05 10:56 PM
Sunday MRH Yarn 12 October 5th 05 10:19 AM