Christmas Stockings - need website for directions

Old October 12th 05, 05:41 AM
Ann

Default Christmas Stockings - need website for directions

Recently, a couple months ago probably....someone posted a URL for
directions for making Christmas stockings and I cannot find that message.
The site with the directions explains what order to layer the batting,
insides and outsides in order to sew.......then you turn, and I believe it's
basically once around, turn, and your're done. Anyone have the URL for it?
Know what I'm talking about?
I was going to bookmark it but I forgot Been scrolling through old
postings and nothing hits me as being the right post

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

Old October 12th 05, 11:19 AM
D Curtis

I dont have the url but this is how I do mine. I sew a set of one lining
and one outside together at the very top seam, making sure the toes
point the same direction. I press them open. I do the same to the other
set and press open (so they lie flat).
Then lay them out as if you were birthing a quilt, linings to linings,
outter fabrics to outter fabrics, right sides together. Lay the batting
on top (or under)the stockings. Stitch around the whole perimeter
leaving an opening in the lining side to turn the stocking insides
right. Once you have the stocking turned nicely you can use your machine
or nice hand stitching to close the opening left and then tuck the
lining into the stocking.
HTH
Diana

Old October 12th 05, 11:38 AM
Tina

Don't know if this is the one you were looking for, but this is one I
found onlline this weekend and I am using

http://www.whitesewing.com/PDFs/Craz...20Stocking.pdf

Good luck and Hugs,
Tina

Old October 12th 05, 07:15 PM
Ann

Thanks Diana. Nicely explained. I just couldn't get my mind around the
layout for some reason g

Old October 12th 05, 07:17 PM
Ann

Thanks Tina. I'm printing it off so I will have a hard copy for when I'm
ready to sew them, which should probably be soon!!! Not sure how fancy I am
going to make the outer stocking. Still thinking of that

Ann
http://community.webshots.com/user/mrs_ducky

oups.com...

Old October 12th 05, 08:32 PM
Pat in Virginia

Very good explanation, Diana. That is the method I use. I like to
work in the hanging loop when I join the short seams of the back
and liner back. I use white muslin to line the stocking. Before I
stitch it up, I use a fine marker and 'label' the project. Just a
big heart with the names and date. It can only bee seen when one
peeks inside the stocking.
PAT in VA/USA

Old October 13th 05, 04:27 AM
dreamboat