Twinkling H2Os

Old July 11th 05, 02:22 AM
Jeannette Marsala

Default Twinkling H2Os

I just bought some Twinkling H2Os from the stamping store here. It
looked pretty neat and I wanted to give it a try. Has anyone tried it?

Jeannette
Old July 11th 05, 03:24 AM
Barbara Hass

Jeannette Marsala wrote:
I just bought some Twinkling H2Os from the stamping store here. It
looked pretty neat and I wanted to give it a try. Has anyone tried it?

Jeannette

Never heard of it. What is it? What's it supposed to be used for? I'm
intrigued!

Barbara

Old July 11th 05, 04:57 AM
Jeannette Marsala

It's like an irisdescent watercolor cake that you use to color in your
stamps, like radiant pearls.

Some websites with samples and directions a
http://www.rubberstampsclub.com/tips...ling-h20s.html
http://www.merrystamper.com/h2otips.htm

Jeannette
Old July 11th 05, 11:36 AM
Tom and Karen Brooks

I've been using the Twinkling H20's for a couple of years now. I LOVE them.
They really add a sparkle. Basically they are just water colors (like we
used as kids!) but they have a sparkle to them that is just wonderful.

I usually stamp with pigment ink onto watercolor paper then emboss. This
works well with the Twinkling H20's because it creates a barrier for the
water colors and also has a little sparkle of its own. You could also stamp
with a permanent ink, but I don't think the result is as pretty.

Just drop a little bit of water into the color and paint. Use more or less
water to change the strength of the color. Simple but really pretty.

Karen R. Brooks

. ..

Old July 12th 05, 09:05 PM

I "played" with these for the first time this past weekend & was I
impressed? You bet! The colors are fablulous & once you start you will
be hooked. As Karen said they work really well if you emboss as they do
create a barrier & so help with accidental "run overs."
No mess either - ideal for novice to expert.
Have fun with them,
Liz
www.cornishheritagefarms.com

Old July 12th 05, 10:00 PM
Judy

Also try using them to paint directly onto a stamp - more solid, less detail
stamps work best - then mist the stamp with a FINE spray bottle and stamp.
Continue to mist and stamp. Each image is lighter and more like a watercolor
painting. A very cool effect!
--
Judy M.
-----------

Old July 18th 05, 04:18 PM
Barbara Hass

Karen just sent me a card snail mail that was painted with twinkling
H2Os. They are gorgeous (as is her card!), and I definitely need to try
these!

Barbara

Old July 18th 05, 06:43 PM
Jeanne Burton

On 19 Jul 2005 05:34:08 -0700, "Liz"
wrote:

I can't seem to put these paints down! Everytime I create a new card
some Twinkling H20's go in there somewhere! They are absolutely
fabulous & there are so many different colors. What I also like is that
the containers are clear top & bottom with name label on the bottom. I
actually store mine upside down so that I can see the color name &
color all together. Makes looking for the right color so much easier.
Because they are cakes of paint storing them upside down makes no
difference - no mess.
Have fun when you get some.
Liz
www.cornishheritagefarms.com

I have been to all of the stamping stores around here and even Hobby
Lobby and can't find them. Where did you get them?

Cindy
Using my sister's Agent account, my email is .
It will be a great day when the schools have all the money they
need, and the air force has to hold a bake sale to buy a bomber.

Old July 19th 05, 07:27 PM
Kris Thomas

I found them at a LSS, not a major retailer or anything. Here's their website: http://www.luminarteinc.com/whats-new.htm

Hope that Helps!