needlepoint church kneelers...

Old May 31st 16, 08:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Joan Erickson

Default needlepoint church kneelers...

On 5/16/2016 9:49 AM, wrote:
On Thursday, April 26, 2001 at 12:09:18 PM UTC+1, JDTHMLLR wrote:
Hi,
I've made 4 of them and would be happy to talk/correspond with you about them.
Here also are some books that are helpful:

The New Church Kneeler Book by Angela Dewar, Search Press.
Church Needlepoint by Louise Raynor, Morehouse-Barlow
Church Embroidery, A Practical Guide by Margaret Rivers, Bishopsgate Press
Embroidered Church Kneelers by Barbara Thomson, Batsford
Needlepoint for Churches by Patience Agnew, Scribners
How to Design and Make Church Kneelers by Gisela Banbury, Search Press
Church Needlework by Beryl Dean, Batsford
For the Greater Glory by Mary P. Olsen, Seabury
and for more inspiration you can order the Guide to Needlepoint: Washington
National Cathedral from the Cathedral Giftshop.

Judith
Madison, WI

Dear Judith,
I wonder would you be willing to talk about your experiences of making kneelers at the Cathedral? I am currently working on an oral history project at the Cathedral and I am very keen to capture the memories of the women who made kneelers. I think the role of women in the early days of the Cathedral is really important so would be keen to speak with you. Please do let me know if you would be interested.
Best wishes

Helen Ellis
Guildford Cathedral

Hi Helen,
Please note that the date on Judith's message was from 2001. I doubt
that she will see this message.

--
Joan

See my pictures he