Quilted Christmas Tree

Old December 29th 13, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Julia in MN[_5_]

Default Quilted Christmas Tree

groan....

That's as bad as our traditional holiday jokes here -- which seem to
have gone missing this year.

Julia in MN

On 12/28/2013 11:13 PM, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
Take that dead tree branch and hang empty printer ink cartridges on
it. Now sing along "...and a cartridge in a bare tree..."

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

On Friday, December 27, 2013 9:03:41 PM UTC-6, Julia in MN wrote:
I've had a cold for a couple weeks and my

normally-well-controlled-asthma has flared badly. I've come to the

conclusion that I'm probably reacting the the real Christmas tree,
so

that went out today. I started 5 days of prednisone today & I'm
already

feeling better -- not sure if it's due to the tree being gone or
the

meds, but whatever it is, I'll take it!

I've decided I'm not going to have another real tree next year.
I've

never been a big fan of artificial trees and I don't have much room

store one. (One of the advantages of a real tree is that you throw
it

out at the end of the season. :-) ) I'm wondering if maybe I could
make

a large wall hanging tree -- maybe 3x6 feet or even a bit bigger --
and

hang some of my ornaments on it. Have any of you done anything
like

that or seen anything like that? Any ideas?

Julia in MN

Old December 29th 13, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

Good one, Leslie!
..
In article ,
says...

Take that dead tree branch and hang empty printer ink cartridges on it. Now sing along "...and a cartridge in a bare tree..."

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Pat on the green
Old December 29th 13, 09:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

I've answered this on Facebook too. I have put (or will in a minute!)
pictures of the tree I made from a patterns that came from Cheryl in Oz
a few years ago on picasa. It is all half square triangles, and if
anyone wants the pattern I am sure Cheryl shared it with everyone
originally and I can e-mail it. I put a purchased star on the top and
hung miniature Christmas ornaments and bell on mine. I also hung fairy
lights along the top border. I stiffened both the top and bottom with
plastic stick (actually the conduit electricians thread electric cable
through under the wall plaster - light, stiff but easy to saw with a
bread knife!)

Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~uk
http://picasaweb.google.com/SallySeaside

On 28/12/2013 03:03, Julia in MN wrote:
I've had a cold for a couple weeks and my
normally-well-controlled-asthma has flared badly. I've come to the
conclusion that I'm probably reacting the the real Christmas tree, so
that went out today. I started 5 days of prednisone today & I'm already
feeling better -- not sure if it's due to the tree being gone or the
meds, but whatever it is, I'll take it!

I've decided I'm not going to have another real tree next year. I've
never been a big fan of artificial trees and I don't have much room to

Old December 29th 13, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

Oh yes! ... I guess I've been so busy (rushing hither and yon,
achieving little g) that I actually forgot to ask for the Wise Men
joke and the rain versus snow argument..... and I didn't notice that
nobidy else had asked, either. Tut, tut ....

In article , jaccola-AT-chartermi-DOT-
says...

Old December 29th 13, 10:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells[_3_]

The jokes did appear on Facebook. The RCTQ site is very safe - much
safer than on here as its a closed site - all members are vetted so no
stranger can wander in, and you would find lots of people you know -
some who had disappeared from the Newsgroup - and lots of pretty
pictures. Do come and give us a try. Since I've been on there hasn't
been any spam or unpleasantness.

Old January 3rd 14, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
fran

I have a miniature christmas tree made out of beads with tiny
ornamnets. Got it at a doll-house minature shop many many years ago,
so I don't kow if they are still around. It fits quite nicely on a
table-top being about 7" high and 6" wide (including base). You might
want to look into something like that.

I got it because I have asthma and cannot have a real tree in the
house. Artifical trees are OK, but the cats seem to think they are
launching platforms.....

Old January 6th 14, 10:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy E

Default Alternate "trees" Quilted Christmas Tree

Howdy!
Having more ornaments than trees to put them on, I've used several types
of alternative trees, including that nekkid branch in a heavy pot, and
several branches stuffed into an old glass battery box.
Something like this (mine doesn't spin) holds part of the collection of
Mercedes-Benz ornaments husband gave me:
http://tinyurl.com/popwhqv
There are several "artificial" trees in our house; too many allergy
sufferers to have "real" trees inside.
Mom had one of these for a few years:
http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tree.../dp/B008X5UZPO
Some fun, clever stuff on Pinterest for Alternative Christmas trees:
http://tinyurl.com/o2237om
Good luck! You have about 11 months to decide what you use next time.

Happy New Year!
Ragmop/Sandy

On 12/28/13 5:46 PM, in article , "Bobbie
Sews more" wrote:

A few years ago a friend put a dead tree branch in a flower pot and hung her
lights and home made things on it. It was pretty!
Barbara in Florida

"Julia in MN" wrote in message ...

On 12/28/2013 12:45 PM, Patricia Storey wrote:
In article , jaccola-AT-chartermi-DOT-
says...

I've been doing some web-browsing & found this pattern:
http://store.virginiaquilter.com/sto...ls.asp?Store_i
d=890&page_id=23&Item_ID=3460

This is somewhat what I had in mind. I'm going to be thinking about
this for a while! Also found a bunch of other stuff via pinterest, but
this in the one that I keep coming back to.

Julia in MN

On 12/27/2013 9:03 PM, Julia in MN wrote:
I've had a cold for a couple weeks and my
normally-well-controlled-asthma has flared badly. I've come to the
conclusion that I'm probably reacting the the real Christmas tree, so
that went out today. I started 5 days of prednisone today & I'm already
feeling better -- not sure if it's due to the tree being gone or the
meds, but whatever it is, I'll take it!

I've decided I'm not going to have another real tree next year. I've
never been a big fan of artificial trees and I don't have much room to
store one. (One of the advantages of a real tree is that you throw it
out at the end of the season. :-) ) I'm wondering if maybe I could make
a large wall hanging tree -- maybe 3x6 feet or even a bit bigger -- and
hang some of my ornaments on it. Have any of you done anything like
that or seen anything like that? Any ideas?

Julia in MN

Very interesting Julia! My thoughts were much more staid!

Pat on the green

I do think I'd probably use less contrast in the green fabrics -- I want
to show off my ornaments, so I'd rather have more focus on the
decorations than on the tree itself.

Julia in MN

Oh! Christmas Tree!! Sandy E Quilting 2 December 16th 10 02:39 AM
AD: O Christmas Tree Cindy Schoepp Beads 0 December 12th 05 12:31 PM
FA: 6 CHRISTMAS Books: Christmas Crafts, Christmas Tree Ornaments, Last Minute Christmas Gifts, etc. Sandy Marketplace 0 December 9th 05 01:49 AM
quilted Christmas Stocking Terbear Quilting 11 November 17th 05 01:17 AM
Christmas tree angel help Sara Needlework 7 October 30th 04 03:28 PM