Why I LOVE Warm & Natural!

Old December 22nd 13, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

Default Why I LOVE Warm & Natural!

Four-plus years ago, I took two pieces of heavy-ish cotton fabric- 2 yards each by approx. 40 in. wide- layered them with a piece of Warm & Natural batting and sewed it all together with the pillow turn method. Then I top stitched the four sides about 1/2 in. from the edges. I did not quilt it nor tack nor tie it. This 'item' protects the upholstered easy chair my dogs sleep on- three big hairy 90+ lb. (each) pooches. Three to five times a week this 'throw' is tossed in the washer and dryer on regular cycles and back on the chair.

I am very pleased to tell you, after all these innumerable washings and dryings over more than four years plus being pawed and shuffled and lounged upon by The HairyButt Gang, the batting inside is still whole and un-shredded!

I am purely amazed and VERY pleased by the Warm & Natural's performance! Who says it must be quilted less than 12 in. apart??? ;-)

YMMV..... but I doubt it!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.
Old December 22nd 13, 11:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote in message

[...]

Thanks for letting us know how well the Warm & Natural hold up to the dog
treatment!
Barbara in Central Florida

Old December 23rd 13, 04:55 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

That is amazing. It is a little stiff from too much quilting when I have
used it but this application sounds perfect. We are having dog bed
troubles here. One of the cats has been 'busted' for peeing on the
dog beds. Anything I can do to discourage this? Dh is ready to evict the
cat. Dogs now have bed cover lying on the floor and the innards are in the
trash. It is a sad thing. Anyone have any ideas?
Is the hairy butt gang doing ok in the very cold weather you are having?
Taria

Old December 23rd 13, 09:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patricia Storey

In article , says...

That is amazing. It is a little stiff from too much quilting when I have
used it but this application sounds perfect. We are having dog bed
troubles here. One of the cats has been 'busted' for peeing on the
dog beds. Anything I can do to discourage this? Dh is ready to evict the
cat. Dogs now have bed cover lying on the floor and the innards are in the
trash. It is a sad thing. Anyone have any ideas?
Is the hairy butt gang doing ok in the very cold weather you are having?
Taria

I think there are sprays that can be used to deter cats from
inappropriate toiletting; but any brands I might know (or find) would
probably be different over with you. Check at a petshop. Or, next time
you are at the vet.'s office, ask if this could be a psychological
problem with the cat. I think I have heard that this could be a cause.
Sorry to be so vague ... I think there must be answers 'out there',
because your little cat can't be the first to have done this...
Good luck in finding ssomething that works.
There is a pheromone product that helps to calm a cat, if it is a
'nervous' problem. The name here is Feliway - it could be something
similar. I don't think it will affect anyone else in the household - it
hasn't here g
Old December 24th 13, 03:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Taria

thanks Pat. this cat hates one of the dogs. he can tell the difference of
the two.
his name is 'spook' because he is afraid of everything. he spend months
under
the bed when we moved and is just starting to come out of there. I remember
the
mention of Feliway so maybe it is available here. I got up this morning
and the
dogs were sleeping on there bed covers. No filling just flat on the floor
but they
know it is where they are supposed to sleep. I can wash the covers. I just
don't understand cats at all!
Taria

"Patricia Storey" wrote in message
. ..

I think there are sprays that can be used to deter cats from
inappropriate toiletting; but any brands I might know (or find) would
probably be different over with you. Check at a petshop. Or, next time
you are at the vet.'s office, ask if this could be a psychological
problem with the cat. I think I have heard that this could be a cause.
Sorry to be so vague ... I think there must be answers 'out there',
because your little cat can't be the first to have done this...
Good luck in finding ssomething that works.
There is a pheromone product that helps to calm a cat, if it is a
'nervous' problem. The name here is Feliway - it could be something
similar. I don't think it will affect anyone else in the household - it
hasn't here g
..
Pat on the green