Normal Light bulbs vs Flourescents

Old December 13th 13, 04:58 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Default Normal Light bulbs vs Flourescents

I can NOT work with Flourescents at all. If there is one(or more) in the
room I either have to leave OR have a regular light bulb right next to me
while doing what needs doing, or I really get a whopper of a migraine. This
explains why:

http://www.scn.org/autistics/fluorescents.html

I have even have had to leave certain stores if they have the 'older
version' of flourecents. Te flickering kills me. I have to have a regular
light on even when watching TV,and even with one on my TV time is limited
after nightfall. I LOVE the VCR

Nightmist, I thought of you when I was reading this......wonder if it
affects Ash in school?

Butterfly

Old December 13th 13, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 13/12/13 17:58, Butterfly-Wings wrote:
I can NOT work with Flourescents at all. If there is one(or more) in the
room I either have to leave OR have a regular light bulb right next to me
while doing what needs doing, or I really get a whopper of a migraine. This
explains why:

http://www.scn.org/autistics/fluorescents.html

I have even have had to leave certain stores if they have the 'older
version' of flourecents. Te flickering kills me. I have to have a regular
light on even when watching TV,and even with one on my TV time is limited
after nightfall. I LOVE the VCR

Nightmist, I thought of you when I was reading this......wonder if it
affects Ash in school?

Butterfly

Thanks for the link, have suffered with this all my life,

Janner
France
Old December 13th 13, 07:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

I haven't been able to stand fluorescent lights since I had my two cataract surgeries last year. After ten or fifteen minutes in a store with fluorescents I want to run out screaming, that includes quilt stores.

Denise in NH
Old December 13th 13, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Thanks for listing the link to this information! Could very well explain
why I get jittery during cloudy days when I have the lights on more than
usual. For more than 20 years I have had problems with tinnitus---ringing
in the ears----and I really have a problem in stores where the fluorescent
lights give off an annoying sound---it drives me nuts and I must leave the
store. Thanks again!
Barbara in FL

Old December 14th 13, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

I find the old flourescents are an issue for me, at times.
In our courtrooms they have replaced the bulbs in the can-type fixtures with CFL bulbs. All fine until they start to go, then I am sending "disco light alert" to the maintenance team so they can get replaced pronto. Somehwere long time ago I read about the strobe flashes triggering epilepsy or other issues.

Ginger in CA

Old December 15th 13, 09:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NightMist

Ash's school does not use flourescents in most of the rooms students are
ever in, so it is not an issue there.
However in some stores it is a problem, and we absolutely avoid taking
him to the mall. He has always gone into total meltdown at the mall,
even if it is nearly empty. we are not sure if it is the lights (my
guess), or stray frequencies in the muzak system (DH's guess), or
something else entirely. We're pretty sure it is the lights in the other
couple of stores though. There is one grocery store frozen food section
where he just collapses with his eyes screwed shut and his hands over his
ears, screaming like a banshee. I think it is the multiple flourescents,
the overheads plus the case lights that does it there. We have become
very careful about taking him to stores, and especially grocery stores.

NightMist

Old December 16th 13, 08:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Janner

On 13/12/13 17:58, Butterfly-Wings wrote:
I can NOT work with Flourescents at all. If there is one(or more) in the
room I either have to leave OR have a regular light bulb right next to me
while doing what needs doing, or I really get a whopper of a migraine. This
explains why:

http://www.scn.org/autistics/fluorescents.html

I have even have had to leave certain stores if they have the 'older
version' of flourecents. Te flickering kills me. I have to have a regular
light on even when watching TV,and even with one on my TV time is limited
after nightfall. I LOVE the VCR

Nightmist, I thought of you when I was reading this......wonder if it
affects Ash in school?

Butterfly

A couple of weeks ago my DD and I went to the supermarket and they had
icicle lights hanging from the ceiling, the colours were flowing
downwards and the lights were hanging in rows so were flowing along the
rows at the same time, but all really, really fast - it was nauseating
and I almost had a migraine, had to run through the section that it was
hanging in to find relief. We returned the following week and they were
static blue, much better, figure that they must have had complaints or
loss of sales.

Janner
France