Buttons, buttons, whose got the buttons?

Old November 30th 13, 02:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich[_2_]

Default Buttons, buttons, whose got the buttons?

I hardly ever post but since there is little traffic on the list,
thought I'd throw this one out to the group:
In making holiday appliques: snowmen, Santas, etc., I have a need for
round button-type eyes. Those little 1/4 inch black 2-hole buttons.
Used to be able to get them at JoAnn's but not so much anymore.
Online, have found one has to order 9000 (or about as many it seems)
of them. I checked a lot of the mail order quilt/sew shops (Nancy's
Notions, Connecting Threads, Nordic Needle, Just Another Button,
Fabric Shop, etc.) and am not coming up with a good source of just a
few, maybe a dozen or so, black petite in 1/4 inch or 6 mm size. Do
you have a source?

Thanks for any help!
KT. in MI

Old November 30th 13, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Try Michaels, or Walmart.
Or, I can look at my collection of many buttons and see what I have, as long as they don't all have to matchy-matchy? Let me know!

Ginger in CA

Old November 30th 13, 11:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

Here you go. I LOVE these people. Maybe the code B70 will get you
99cent shipping. Polly
http://www.homesew.com/db16.html

Old December 1st 13, 01:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KT in Mich[_2_]

Thanks Polly Esther. If I can't find them at Walmart or Michael's,
I'll give your site a buy.

Old December 1st 13, 03:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mary in Rock Island IL[_2_]

They sell them at one of my semi-LQS. Please let me know if you need
to contact them.

Mary

On Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:40:59 -0500, "KT in Mich"
wrote:

[...]

Buttons....even quilty buttons Sunny Quilting 4 November 5th 06 12:06 AM
Mary E buttons and Daisy Kingdom buttons for sale carol Marketplace 0 March 17th 06 09:29 AM
Mary E buttons and Daisy Kingdom buttons carol Quilting 0 March 17th 06 01:00 AM
Buttons BDS2pds Needlework 7 October 24th 04 04:44 PM
looking for buttons Don/Gen Quilting 2 January 8th 04 08:10 AM