Just want a weekend getaway....

Old July 22nd 03, 07:47 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Default Just want a weekend getaway....

The LNS in Chambersburg, PA (The Brick Stitch House) had a weekend
stitchaway at a camp just outside of Chambersburg. There was the
opportunity to take a class on one of Just Nan's samplers at an
additional cost if you were interested. A few folks took the class, but
the vast majority just stitched. We had a ball. I know that Diane
(owner of BSH) is trying to find a time to have another event, but
finding a place to have it is tough. The camp where we had the first one
in booked most weekends and we were lucky to get a cancellation to have
the February event. If you have a LNS you might talk to the owner about
trying to organize something. Doesn't have to be far away or expensive.

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)

DebM wrote:

Sigh....

Does anyone ever do "weekend getaways" for stitching, not necessarily
any classes or such, just a weekend of stitching and klatching?

You know, no housework, no laundry, no worries, just stitching?

--
Deb
Works in Progress:

Old July 23rd 03, 01:14 AM
Gillian Murray

I didn't know there was an LNS in Chambersburg!! I did know that Barb in
Middletown, MD was closing or selling.

Maybe I can offer to go to MT Airy, and stay with the grandkids while DD and
spouse go away for a few days; I could make that coincide with the
stitchaway camp. Maybe, Anne, you should keep me updated. For crying out
loud, we were neighbors............we lived in Columbia for five years!!

Lots of maybes!! And I have also said I want ( and will) go to the Maritimes
next summer to be abstemiously watchimg Sheena, Ruby, Mavia et al, aand will
report back as to their actions!!! Snicker!! Got the corkscrew ready,
ladies??

Gillian

Gillian
s.com...

Old July 23rd 03, 07:11 AM
Liz Hampton

Our EGA group did that a couple of years ago. We went to a place in the
hills outside of Ashland, OR (USA) for a weekend of stitching and visiting
and eating. We shared rooms/beds and the meals (vegetarian) were included
in the cost of the room. We decided against having a class or any
particular project so people just stitched on whatever project they chose.
It was so much fun that last year some members shared two condos in
Sister's, Oregon during their annual Quilt Show and this year they are
renting a place on the coast. I skipped last year & this year, partly due
to money & partly due to not wanting to leave DH to go somewhere he would
like to go. He has NO DESIRE to go anywhere near Ashland, so I didn't feel
bad about leaving him home. :-)) I also would prefer to go somewhere where
meals are included. I know that some people love cooking together in a
group but if I'm going to cook, I would rather stay home & cook in my own
kitchen. :-))

Liz from Humbug

Beading weekend Marisa Cappetta Beads 1 October 3rd 04 03:10 PM
Labor Day Weekend on Ebay-AKA-Do you know where your next stash is coming from?! marilyn safier Marketplace 0 September 4th 04 05:43 PM
*Weeee!* I took the weekend off, and some other stuff of note (LONG) ~OT~ Tinkster Beads 11 May 12th 04 11:46 PM
Book Works Weekend Enchanted Ink Rubberstamps 0 October 23rd 03 10:10 PM