The challenge

Old September 15th 07, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Default The challenge

I asked for ideas a few days ago! The Chairlady has announced a "Song Title
with a Colour in the title" challenge. Atm I can only think of Red Red Wine.
I have no idea why!! lol. Thankyou all for your suggestions.

--
Estelle UK
http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

Old September 15th 07, 03:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Estelle Gallagher wrote:
I asked for ideas a few days ago! The Chairlady has announced a "Song Title
with a Colour in the title" challenge. Atm I can only think of Red Red Wine.
I have no idea why!! lol. Thankyou all for your suggestions.

Oh there are so many options for this one!

Yellow brick road
A white shade of pale - that could be all neutrals, or maybe Tia AMry's
silk quilt meets this description.
Bluebells of Scotland
Purple Haze

For song titles and lyrics I like:

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

The misheard lyrics are particularly funny

Lizzy
Old September 15th 07, 03:10 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

Purple Rain
Tie A Yellow Ribbon
Yellow Submarine
Blue Moon
Blue Velvet
Green Sleeves
Brown Sugar
Pink Carnation
Pink Cadillac
Red, Red Robin

The link below is a fun little game site to refresh your memory.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

http://www.funtrivia.com/quizzes/mus...lor_songs.html

Old September 15th 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

There is the Beatles "Yellow Submarine." And what about "Puff the Magic
Dragon." "Moonlight Serenade" for Moon Over the Mountain. HTH
Barbara in SC

Old September 15th 07, 03:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debi Matlack[_2_]

"True Colors" (Cyndi Lauper)

"Paint It Black"(Rolling Stones), "Black is Black", "Back in Black" (AC/DC),
"Black and White" (3 Dog Night)

"Mellow Yellow", "Yellow Subamarine" (Beatles), "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"
(Elton John)

"Blue Bayou"(Linda Rondstadt), "Blue Suede Shoes", "Mr. Blue Sky"(ELO),
"Behind Blue Eyes"(The Who), "Blue Moon" (and any blues song around, I would
think with the word in the title...;-)

"Red is the Rose" old folk song, "Red Rubber Ball' (The Byrds?) "Red House"
(Jimi Hendrix)

"Purple Haze"(Jimi Hendrix), "Purple Rain" (Prince), "Purple People" (Tori
Amos)

"White Room" (Cream? Eric Clapton, at any rate), "Whiter Shade of Pale"
(Procul Harem), "White Rabbit" (Jefferson Airplane), "White Wedding" (Billy
Idol), "Nights in White Satin" (Moody Blues), "White Trash Wedding" (Dixie
Chicks. The mental image alone is enough to conjure ideas...;-)

"Pink Cadillac" (Bruce Springsteen)

"Brown-Eyed Girl" (Van Morrison)

"Green, Green Grass of Home" (Tom Jones?), "Bitter Green" (Gordon Lightfoot)

"Fields of Gold" (Sting), "Goldfinger" (Shirley Bassey)

"Orange Crush" (REM), "Orange Blossom Special", "Orange County Girl" (Gwen
Stefani)

I'm sure there are tons more out there....
--
Debi

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Old September 15th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Idahoqltr[_2_]

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos- Hide quoted text -

"She wore a yellow polka-dot bikini"
"Purple People Eater"

Old September 15th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Some of these are already listed... but I didn't have the time to sort
through them.

band of gold

beyond the blue

big yellow taxi

black eyes, blue tears

black magic woman

black water

blue bayou

blue money

blue on blue

blue suede shoes

blue velvet

brown eyed girl

brown sugar

crystal blue persuasion

deep purple

ebony & ivory

golden slumber

golden summer

goodbye yellow brick road

green green grass of home

judy blue eyes

little red corvette

love is blue

mellow yellow

nights in white satin

orange blossom special

pink cadillac

purple haze

purple people eater

purple rain

red red rose

red roses for a blue lady

ruby Tuesday

silver bells

song sung blue

Tangled up in blue

when sunny gets blue

white sport coat, a

yellow bird

yellow rose of Texas, the

yellow submarine

--
Kate in MI

Old September 15th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

Yellow Rose of Texas
Red Roses for a Blue Lady
Blue Danube (An den Schönen Blauen Donau)
Green Green Grass of Home
Rings of Fire (borderline, but does invoke colorful visions)
Black is the Color of My True Love's Hair

Others will no doubt come up with a few hundred more!
Roberta in D

a challenge Jessamy Quilting 30 April 10th 07 08:05 PM
new challenge Idahoqltr Quilting 6 April 27th 06 07:56 PM
ever challenge yourself just 'cuz?? Allyson Brown Quilting 10 February 1st 05 05:14 PM
Just a little challenge Pirjo Ilvesvuori Yarn 7 December 7th 04 02:45 PM
Sooz's Challenge idea.... Challenge angela Beads 10 August 17th 03 07:04 AM