AD- thanks for the clinks from the Tillerman

Old April 4th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Default AD- thanks for the clinks from the Tillerman

We use a great program to track auctions called AuctionTamer. When
someone bids on something there are a variety of sound effects. A bid
on something you're watching goes 'ka-ching!' A bid on something
you've won sounds like wild applause. A bid on something you have
listed makes this sound like coins dropping in a can or tin bank. It's
funny every morning when we turn on the computer and run AT, the sounds
go on for a bit depending on how much is being watched, sold, bid on or
whatever.

This week we've listed ten potential 'clinks' on JustBeads and
eBay.co.uk, all of which end on Wednesday. There have been some
gratifying sound effects already, thank you to everyone who's dropped a
'coin' on our auctions. I keep promising to change the sound effect to
something really dramatic but Mike likes things the way they are.

So, here's our candidates for 'clink of the week'. We're on a castle
theme again this week but for those who prefer to not wade through the
stories, I've put them below the description of the beads.

Thank you for taking a look at Mike's work. There are a couple of sets
I really like but this time I think the one I like most has to be
'Edinburgh Castle'. All terracotta and black and coral, it reminds me
of old brick buildings and slate roofs.

http://www.justbeads.com/listings/de...mnum=828411840

Here are the links to our auctions:

http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=781712521
http://stores.ebay.com/The-Tillerman-Beads

Thank you for looking. We appreciate your support and comments.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old April 4th 06, 04:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kenilworth is niiiiiice.

Barbara

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting with site builder and 50 apps? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com.

Old April 4th 06, 07:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

What a gorgeous batch of beads! Kenilworth....OMG!!!...the colors!!!!
And I love Edinburgh with the gray and Terra Cotta!
Raby has the most amazing dot placement! Damn, Mike....YOU GO BOY!!!

--
Dawn
"Art Insomnia"
ups.com...

Old April 4th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Hello Su:

The sound effects must be fun, I have this mental picture of you two with
your tea in the morning watching the show!

I like the Castle series, colours in Kenilworth and Edinburgh are
delightful, and you got me with Penrhyn, of course in Wales, who else spells
so funny? Glamis is cool, always a challenge to do monochromatic colours!
And certainly Hurst has the best secret killer colour combo ever!

Don't sell the boat!!! And quit trying to sink it ,Su!

David
ups.com...

Old April 4th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads

glass guy wrote:

The sound effects must be fun, I have this mental picture of you two with
your tea in the morning watching the show!

It's pretty funny now, we've become auction addicts, every morning we
wake to the prospect of all sorts of sound effects. Even our son
announces the progress of the auctions now by the sounds. 'Oooh! Dad
has a bid!'

I like the Castle series, colours in Kenilworth and Edinburgh are
delightful, and you got me with Penrhyn, of course in Wales, who else spells
so funny? Glamis is cool, always a challenge to do monochromatic colours!
And certainly Hurst has the best secret killer colour combo ever!

Just for you this coming week, an all-Welsh series then. I'll drag out
my copy of Y Gododdin and the poetry of Iolo Goch and see what I can
find.

Don't sell the boat!!! And quit trying to sink it ,Su!

Stop making such stunning beads then, I blame you and JC and Dawn and
Fran and Kandice and Kalera and .... well I can't say any more or else
it would sound like beady hubris.

-Su

www.tillermanbeads.co.uk
www.britishlampwork.co.uk

Old April 5th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads

Kenilworth is just lovely, Su. Yey Mike!!

--
Kandice Seeber
www.lampwork.net
ups.com...