Blog

Old May 30th 12, 10:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kim Graham[_2_]

Default Blog

I've finally got my act in gear after a long blah period: my new-to-me "long
arm" is part of the kick-in-the-but. [If Mrs. Noah had room on the ark, this
would have been hers, I'm sure!] STEEP learning curve, especially since this
old Consew was meant for pantograph basic stuff, NOT McTavishing, but I'm
slowly learning.

First project completed was my Beyond Beginners quilt top. I've put a
picture of it up on my blog:
http://wordinpatchwork.wordpress.com...8/in-the-pink/ together with
the tale of my misadventures with this project!

As for the rest of my life [for those who have been here long enough to
remember me as the author of Quilter's Neighbourhood Bible Block patterns --
in case anyone cares!]...the short version is here
http://wordinpatchwork.wordpress.com...ne-you-choose/

I hope to hang around a bit more now that I'm back to actually finishing a
project or two, rather than just thinking I should do something!

Pastor Kim Graham
Bridges Christian Community of Home Churches at LaRosa
THE WORD IN PATCHWORK
http://wordinpatchwork.wordpress.com

Old May 31st 12, 07:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

On 30/05/12 22:03, Kim Graham wrote:
I've finally got my act in gear after a long blah period: my new-to-me
"long arm" is part of the kick-in-the-but. [If Mrs. Noah had room on the
ark, this would have been hers, I'm sure!] STEEP learning curve,
especially since this old Consew was meant for pantograph basic stuff,
NOT McTavishing, but I'm slowly learning.

First project completed was my Beyond Beginners quilt top. I've put a
picture of it up on my blog:
http://wordinpatchwork.wordpress.com...8/in-the-pink/ together
with the tale of my misadventures with this project!

Talk about a baptism of fire! That quilt certainly put you through the
wringer. The finished quilt looks lovely and only you know it isn't
quite as planned in the final colours. Great job Kim!

Lizzy
Old May 31st 12, 02:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta[_3_]

Thanks so much for the details of your Beyond Beginners quilt! Seeing
the finished photo, nobody who hadn't seen the original colors would
ever guess the end result wasn't what you planned all along. Really
lovely!
I had a similar experience with bleeding batiks (white backing -some
people never learn) and the color run remover acted exactly the same
way on the fuchsia pinks. Got rid of the bleed on the back though.

I'm starting to think it would be interesting to keep a jar of remover
solution handy, and just dip in a sample swatch of everything before
using. If the dye fades in any drastic way with the solution, then
it's very likely a bleeder. That would be a clue not to mix with
whites!

Congrats on the long arm -you're a natural!
Roberta in D

Old May 31st 12, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

That's really gorgeous. I know it may be an older long-arm, but you obviously have figured out how to make it sing.

Sunny

New Little Blog Chiara Quilting 15 October 18th 09 09:32 PM
OT? My blog's down but I've got another one! :) Connie[_2_] Quilting 2 August 3rd 07 04:50 PM
Have any of you seen this blog? suzee Yarn 8 August 25th 05 02:17 PM
blog...???? Els van Dam Yarn 18 March 20th 05 07:29 PM
blog? biig Beads 14 January 12th 05 04:50 AM