June BOM block progress early

Old June 1st 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Default June BOM block progress early

I got all my applique pieces for the lady bug cut out. I altered the
body a bit by cutting a wider bottom region. That skinny abdomen just
didn't look right for a lady bug to me. I promised myself I'd use
lime green in every block so I had to get inventive this time. I've
thought up two ways to add in the green so I might make two different
blocks. Hopefully I can get the sewing done tomorrow.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old June 1st 06, 11:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Can't wait to see them! They sound yummy

--
Boca Jan
Southern Florida - land of the hurricanes

Old June 1st 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On 1 Jun 2006 04:05:21 -0700, "Dannielle" wrote:

I can just see that chubby lady bug sitting on a lime green leaf with a
big ol' bite taken out of it from where she got hungry!

I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

Dannielle

I had thought of a leaf but hadn't thought of the bite taken out. Of
course, I probably would have made an accidental bite taken out, but
now maybe I'll plan it.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old June 1st 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006 06:48:24 -0400, "Boca Jan" poo_de_doo at
removeyahoo.com wrote:

Can't wait to see them! They sound yummy

Thanks! Did you finish your Dogwood block? I remember you were
having a problem with the french knots looking too small for your big
block. I used all six strands of floss for my 10 inch pink dogwood
block and it looks fine. I sent a scan of the block to Teri last
night so you should be able to see it on her gallery page soon.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at