Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

Old April 1st 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default Ot April 1st ,,,, don`t be fooled by anu body

In reality , it`s years since anybody tried a joke on me on April
first ,,,,,,, we have a friend who jokes all year round ,,, and we
just stoped enjoying it .
Thus instead i wish ALL a Nice joyous day ,,,, and i decided to get
rid of something that Bugs me ,, TODAY ,,,,, 2 repairs i have been
putting off ,,,
mirjam
Old April 1st 07, 10:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

In reality , it`s years since anybody tried a joke on me on April
first ,,,,,,, we have a friend who jokes all year round ,,, and we
just stoped enjoying it .
Thus instead i wish ALL a Nice joyous day ,,,, and i decided to get
rid of something that Bugs me ,, TODAY ,,,,, 2 repairs i have been
putting off ,,,
mirjam

Thank you Mirjam and you have a lovely day too.

Like you, I also have some jobs to do today; erecting a (very) small
greenhouse and then scrub the kitchen floor. Later I hope to have time
to knit.

Bernadette

Old April 1st 07, 10:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

In reality , it`s years since anybody tried a joke on me on April
first ,,,,,,, we have a friend who jokes all year round ,,, and we
just stoped enjoying it .
Thus instead i wish ALL a Nice joyous day ,,,, and i decided to get
rid of something that Bugs me ,, TODAY ,,,,, 2 repairs i have been
putting off ,,,
mirjam

Thank you Mirjam and you have a lovely day too.

Like you, I also have some jobs to do today; erecting a (very) small
greenhouse and then scrub the kitchen floor. Later I hope to have time
to knit.

Bernadette

No 1 grandson and his partner are coming for dinner (and to tiddle with this
new pc) so I have to make a meal (preparation done - pheasant and various
vegatables cooked together in one pot, fresh fruit and clotted cream or
crème fraiche) and tidy up the place a bit so that there's room to sit but
I'm making time to knit during the radio serial this afternoon. They'll
arrive as it finishes - good planning :-)

As for All Fools' Day, I ran out of ideas years ago :-(

I'm thrilled that my asparagus is sending up purple shoots, you can almost
see them growing :-)

Mary

Old April 1st 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Karlisa" wrote in message
Oh, April Fools day has always been important in our house, as it is my
father's birthday. Our family story that Grandma told is that when Daddy
was born (1929 at home in rural Michigan), the older kids came home to
find Grandma in bed. She yanked back the covers to reveal her newborn
baby, and said "April Fools!"

Oh wouldn't that be a wizard wheeze!

So, to us, we've always played funny little jokes on each other and it's
been a day that we enjoy.

In England at least you can only make a fool of someone until noon, after
that the joke's on you.

Good luck on your repair projects. I'm quite the procrastinator, I admit,
when it comes to repairs and alterations. :-)

I used to be but making a point of sitting down to listen to the radio for
an hour in the afternoon made me get rid of the pile, I hate idle hands.
When the mending had finished I had to come back to knitting, I'm very
pleased that I did.

Mary

Old April 1st 07, 02:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

In reality , it`s years since anybody tried a joke on me on April
first ,,,,,,, we have a friend who jokes all year round ,,, and we
just stoped enjoying it .
Thus instead i wish ALL a Nice joyous day ,,,, and i decided to
get rid of something that Bugs me ,, TODAY ,,,,, 2 repairs i have
been putting off ,,,
mirjam

Thank you Mirjam and you have a lovely day too.

Like you, I also have some jobs to do today; erecting a (very)
small greenhouse and then scrub the kitchen floor. Later I hope to
have time to knit.

Bernadette

No 1 grandson and his partner are coming for dinner (and to tiddle
with this new pc) so I have to make a meal (preparation done -
pheasant and various vegatables cooked together in one pot, fresh
fruit and clotted cream or crhme fraiche) and tidy up the place a bit
so that there's room to sit but I'm making time to knit during the
radio serial this afternoon. They'll arrive as it finishes - good
planning :-)

As for All Fools' Day, I ran out of ideas years ago :-(

I'm thrilled that my asparagus is sending up purple shoots, you can
almost see them growing :-)

Mary

Hang on to that dinner I'm on my way - running! ;-)

It sounds a superb meal - have a lovely evening. I was informed by OH
that he'll help me do the greenhouse during the week. It is one of
those little plastic zip up ones as the garden here is small but they
are ideal for starting off my flower seedlings. I need help in removing
the old one (which is falling apart) and clearing a place properly for
the new.

That's good about the asparagus. There are still quite harsh frosts
here but my Lovage has big, fat buds and the Rosemary is in full bloom.
A nice crop of spinach and parsley looks healthy too. I love Springtime.

Bernadette

Old April 1st 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
karlisa

Oh, April Fools day has always been important in our house, as it is my
father's birthday. Our family story that Grandma told is that when Daddy
was born (1929 at home in rural Michigan), the older kids came home to find
Grandma in bed. She yanked back the covers to reveal her newborn baby, and
said "April Fools!" So, to us, we've always played funny little jokes on
each other and it's been a day that we enjoy.

Good luck on your repair projects. I'm quite the procrastinator, I admit,
when it comes to repairs and alterations. :-)

lisa

Old April 1st 07, 10:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

[...]

I suspect it's a long way - you'll be out of breath ...

It sounds a superb meal - have a lovely evening.

we are doing. He's sorting out my new pc. Almost finished - James rocks!

I was informed by OH
that he'll help me do the greenhouse during the week. It is one of
those little plastic zip up ones as the garden here is small but they
are ideal for starting off my flower seedlings. I need help in removing
the old one (which is falling apart) and clearing a place properly for
the new.

My greenhouse changed my life!

But there again, most of my new projects do :-)

That's good about the asparagus. There are still quite harsh frosts
here but my Lovage has big, fat buds and the Rosemary is in full bloom.
A nice crop of spinach and parsley looks healthy too. I love Springtime.

Don't have lovage and the hens peck at all new buds on the rosemary but the
spinach, chard and parsley are good. Had a lovely meal, two bottles of
bubbly later we're a tiny bit the worse for wear but James isn't going to
work tomorrow so is testing my bullace gin!

Mary

Old April 1st 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:

[...]

That sounds a lovely evening Mary...

.... and bullace gin will have a kick like a mule. I used to make sloe
gin (they are similar to bullaces, I believe) when we lived in Leics.
as they grew wild in the hedgerows there.

No party was complete without "just a little sample". Nobody ever
stayed sober after that! ;-D

Bernadette

Old April 1st 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Bernadette" wrote in message

That sounds a lovely evening Mary...

It was, they've just left. James and Charlotte that is. Luckily they don't
live far away :-)

... and bullace gin will have a kick like a mule. I used to make sloe
gin (they are similar to bullaces, I believe)

Yes.

when we lived in Leics.
as they grew wild in the hedgerows there.

Do you still live in UK?

No party was complete without "just a little sample". Nobody ever
stayed sober after that! ;-D

No ... hic!

Off to bed now, with a smile on my face. Not because of the alcohol but
because my pc is doing everything I want of it, I was very concerned because
the three programs which weren't working were the most important.

And I've asked Charlotte to find a pattern and some beautiful yarn so that I
can knit something very special for her, she's been very patient while the
rest of us have been hopping round the computers.

'night, all

Mary

Bernadette

Old April 2nd 07, 10:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

--

That's good that the new computer is doing all it should.
Is that the one your husband insisted you should have for your

It'll be good to see pictures of whatever you knit for Charlotte.

Yes, I'm still in the UK. Rob and I have retired to the east coast of
Scotland, in Fife. His work brought us here in 1993 and when retirement
loomed we decided to stay put. Here are some links showing where we
live:

http://snipurl.com/1etx3

http://snipurl.com/1etx4

http://snipurl.com/1etx6