Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl Mcphee

Old March 18th 07, 02:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

Default Knitting Rules! by Stephanie Pearl Mcphee

In article ,
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
"KNITTING RULES"

Amazon.com has a feature that lets you "search inside a book."
Put in a topic and it will find a page that mentions it.
Maybe you could use that to browse. Be sure to put in some
unusual topics.

Thank you But i don`t think so , i am, still on a very slow modem ,
maybe after i changed to the quicker one,,, just now my old phone
cables are slllllllllllowwwwww

She has put up photos on her weblog of a few pages of her new book,
Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off.

I think the URL is
http://www.yarnharlot.ca/blog

She just did a complete redo of her bedroom in one week flat:
sanded and polyurethaned floors, painted walls and trim, replaced
electrical outlets, cleaned up the sawdust and all.

=Tamar
Old March 18th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Richard Eney spun a FINE 'yarn':

snipped

She just did a complete redo of her bedroom in one week flat:
sanded and polyurethaned floors, painted walls and trim, replaced
electrical outlets, cleaned up the sawdust and all.

=Tamar

What took her so LONG????
Noreen
(nevermind, i figured it out, she was probably sitting and knitting and
not working on her remodeling job)

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old March 19th 07, 04:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Richard Eney spun a FINE 'yarn':

snipped

She just did a complete redo of her bedroom in one week flat:
sanded and polyurethaned floors, painted walls and trim, replaced
electrical outlets, cleaned up the sawdust and all.

=Tamar

What took her so LONG????
Noreen
(nevermind, i figured it out, she was probably sitting and knitting and
not working on her remodeling job)

You're joking, right?

Shelagh

Old March 19th 07, 04:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Shillelagh spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Richard Eney spun a FINE 'yarn':

snipped

She just did a complete redo of her bedroom in one week flat:
sanded and polyurethaned floors, painted walls and trim, replaced
electrical outlets, cleaned up the sawdust and all.

=Tamar

What took her so LONG????
Noreen
(nevermind, i figured it out, she was probably sitting and knitting
and not working on her remodeling job)

You're joking, right?

Shelagh

end quoted

Am I???

Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000725-0, 03/19/2007
Tested: 3/18/2007 11:19:44 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 19th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

Shillelagh spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Richard Eney spun a FINE 'yarn':

snipped

She just did a complete redo of her bedroom in one week flat:
sanded and polyurethaned floors, painted walls and trim,
replaced electrical outlets, cleaned up the sawdust and all.

=Tamar

What took her so LONG????
Noreen
(nevermind, i figured it out, she was probably sitting and
knitting and not working on her remodeling job)

You're joking, right?

Shelagh

end quoted

Am I???

Noreen

end quoted

Actually, I thought one week to do that in one room was a LONG time,
but as a carpenter's wife, I would....

Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000725-0, 03/19/2007
Tested: 3/18/2007 11:23:46 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 19th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"YarnWright" wrote in message
What took her so LONG????
Noreen
(nevermind, i figured it out, she was probably sitting and
knitting and not working on her remodeling job)

You're joking, right?

Shelagh

Am I???

Noreen

Actually, I thought one week to do that in one room was a LONG time,
but as a carpenter's wife, I would....

Noreen

I dunno Noreen, it sounded pretty bitchy to me. Last year I worked on a
much smaller re-do to my guest bathroom and it took me over a month. That
was only painting, new fixtures, new handles on a cupboard and some
beadboard on one wall. I had to put a coat of primer, let that dry, and
then two coats of colour on the walls. It was very diddly. I was amazed
that she got that all done in a week (with help). Mind you, I had other
things to do during the day, like normal everyday things and only worked on
my re-do at night when DH was at work, and not on weekends. The only thing
I needed carpenter-like skills for were to cut the beadboard, baseboard and
crown railing, and I had that done where we bought the stuff.

I guess my point is that not everyone works at your obvious "lightening"
speed.

Shelagh

Old March 20th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Shillelagh spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Sorry you thought I was being bitchy, Shelagh, I wasn't!
I was being PRACTICAL,
when you're being paid to do a job, it's prudent TO get it done in a
timely manner, otherwise you're not MAKING money.
Look at it from YOUR end, if you were paying ME X bux an hour, wouldn't
you prefer I get it done in a week rather than a month???
Now, from MY end, if we BID the job at X bux for the total job, if it
takes a week, we make x bux and hour, if it takes a month, we make x
CENTS an hour...
Kapeesh?
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000725-1, 03/19/2007
Tested: 3/19/2007 10:49:00 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 20th 07, 12:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
enigma

"YarnWright" wrote in
:

Sorry you thought I was being bitchy, Shelagh, I wasn't!

i didn't think it sounded bitchy. i thought you were teasing.
obviously you have more redecorating experience than most
people, so you *can* get things done faster.
some people, like me, get sidetracked easily... or in the
case of my kitchen, get really interested in trying to figure
out the ages of the different wallpaper layers...
lee
--
Question with boldness even the existence of god; because if
there be
Old March 20th 07, 02:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

enigma spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in
:

Sorry you thought I was being bitchy, Shelagh, I wasn't!

i didn't think it sounded bitchy. i thought you were teasing.
obviously you have more redecorating experience than most
people, so you can get things done faster.
some people, like me, get sidetracked easily... or in the
case of my kitchen, get really interested in trying to figure
out the ages of the different wallpaper layers...
lee

end quoted

Thanks, Lee.
I guess I just rub our Shelagh the wrong way no matter what the subject
is. Ah well, it's a big world.

Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000725-1, 03/19/2007
Tested: 3/20/2007 9:21:39 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 21st 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Richard Eney

In article ,
YarnWright wrote:
Richard Eney spun a FINE 'yarn':

snipped

She just did a complete redo of her bedroom in one week flat:
sanded and polyurethaned floors, painted walls and trim, replaced
electrical outlets, cleaned up the sawdust and all.

=Tamar

What took her so LONG????
Noreen
(nevermind, i figured it out, she was probably sitting and knitting and
not working on her remodeling job)

She had to put out the fires the "professional" floor sanders started,
clean all the sawdust out of the entire house because they hadn't
properly taped up the doorway, shop and feed the family, do laundry,
work on her next book, wait for paint to dry, move furniture, and
prepare for her book tour, which did include some knitting - after all,
that's her day job.

=Tamar