Model Stitchers

Old March 9th 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Default Model Stitchers

My daughter has now gotten to the point where she would like to do
model stitching. Is there any advice you can give for me to pass on?
I told her about the group here but not sure whether she ever got into
the group or not.

Thanks,
Donna

Old March 9th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Stitchy Kitty Designs

Hi Donna,

I don't use model stitchers myself (I have to stitch my own models in
order to work out my designs) but I know that many model stitchers
will contact designers directly, either via email or phone, and offer
their services. Usually they will contact designers whose work they
really love or admire, so they will (hopefully!) get to work on
projects that they find enjoyable. LNS's often have a need for model
stitchers to stitch models for their shop, so she could try contacting
a few of those, as well. And there are also stitching services like
Ghoststitchers (www.ghoststitchers.com) that need model stitchers,
too.

Since your daughter has not done model stitching in the past, she will
most likely be asked to provide samples of her work.
She will also be expected to provide progress reports as she goes, and
being able to meet deadlines is a MUST!

There is also a Yahoo group that connects model stitchers with
designers, I forget the name but a search on Yahoo Groups should turn
it up. She'll probably be able to learn all she needs to know to get
started right from that group.

HTH!

Michelle
Stitchy Kitty