project report.

Old February 23rd 09, 06:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default project report.

I have been baking caps and scarves for the Mission in Rockford,
Illinois. I should take Noreen's advice and keep a journal of what I
make. I made many.

I made 6 prayer shawls for the anniversary of the shooting at Northern
Illinois University last year at Valentine's day. I enjoyed making
them. I made several different patterns, knit and crochet. They gave
them the family members of students that were shot. I think around 200
were made.

I am making blankets for my first great nephew. They will be crocheted.

I am going to do more knitting in color this year. The last item was a
small red and black checker board patter for my sister. I purposely did
the squares 5 by 5 to make it easier to care the yarn. I a standard
raglan sleeve pattern and figured out the checker board pattern on my
own using graph paper. Again I wish I would have kept a journal.

My niece has asked for another aran sweater.
http://www.knitting-crochet.com/aranswekni.html

I did the pattern above, I posted a pic but forgot where I had it. If
any one remembers please remind me.

I noticed that JoAnn's has a decent sock yarn at a decent price. They
just started carrying it. A sock yarn we can afford. I also like to
use the striping fingering weight yarn for sock. It wears and can be
machine washed and is comfortable to wear.

All I have unfinished are the two red baby blankets.

What are you working on or have unfinished?

On Gail she is on a ventilator and and at the Alden Park Strathmoor in
Rockford Illinois. She is in good spirits but the ALS or "Lou Gehrig's
Disease" is taking a toll on her respiratory system. Any extra good
thoughts are appreciated.

Hugs and God bless,
Dennis
Old February 23rd 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Sounds like you have been busy And yes I should do the journal thing too.

I don't know Gail, but I have followed her and your posts, and I am truely
sorry for her illness, but glad she is in good spirits.

The mention of prayer shawls made me want to share this with folks who would
"get it" so....

Recently I finished a version of the Great American Aran Afghan. It was done
as a kind of memorial piece for a good friend on the passing of his mother.
He is a musician and he wrote a song about his loss and that inspired the
design of the afghan. It took a long time to finish but I have to say it
looked really good. When it was given, the reaction was more than any words of
thanks could ever be.

If you would like to see it, I have a small page for projects and such. The
afghan is he

http://www.geocities.com/evajf.geo/m...worklace2.html

Page 1 has a few other things you might find interesting.

Keep the needles going!

Eva

Old February 24th 09, 01:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Eva,
Thank you so much for the kind words.

The afghan is beautiful, you should be proud of it. Knitting many aran
patterns I know it is something to be proud of.

James Lee Stanley is a great musician. I try to play the guitar a
little. I know he loves his precious afghan.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis

\
Old February 24th 09, 04:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

Thanks It is one of my favorite things that I have done.

And, yes, the afghan has a very appreciative home.

Old February 24th 09, 04:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
lucille

wrote in message
m...
[...]

--snip--

the afghan is lovely and I know it will make your friend very happy. I did
the same one and I keep it on the loveseat in my den, but it's been taken
over by my dog and now he won't let anyone else use it.

I have no picture of that one, but I thought you might like a picture of
the first one from that series called the Great North American Afghan.

Here's the link:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/...71754459dPyewD

Lucille

Old February 24th 09, 06:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Feb 23, 10:48*pm, "lucille" wrote:
wrote in message

m...

[...]

Lucille- Hide quoted text -

Wow that's amazing! I especially like the different colors. It's
gorgeous!

I( had ti go over to Google to make the link work. But it was worth
it

Eva
Old March 1st 09, 04:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Feb 23, 1:04*am, Spike Driver wrote:
[...]

It sounds as though you have been busy, Dennis. Do you find that your
knitting is helping keep you sane as you walk with Gail on this
journey?
When our Vanessa had cancer, I knitted like a fiend. I thanked God
daily that I was able to knit, and I often chose complicated patterns,
just so I could keep my mind occcupied.
I keep Gail in my prayers regularly, and you, too.

Higs,
Katherine
Old March 1st 09, 05:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Default project report.Katherine

Katherine wrote:
[...]

Yes Katherine, I did exactly the same thing. I had a crochet hook or
knitting needle in my hands many a late night.

Thank you so much Katherine.

Higs and much love,
Dennis
Old March 5th 09, 04:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Feb 28, 11:24*pm, Spike Driver wrote:
Katherine wrote:

It sounds as though you have been busy, Dennis. Do you find that your
knitting is helping keep you sane as you walk with Gail on this
journey?
When our Vanessa had cancer, I knitted like a fiend. I thanked God
daily that I was able to knit, and I often chose complicated patterns,
just so I could keep my mind occcupied.
I keep Gail in my prayers regularly, and you, too.

Yes Katherine, I did exactly the same thing. *I had a crochet hook or
knitting needle in my hands many a late night.

Thank you so much Katherine.

There are times when I don't know what I would do without my needles!

Higs,
Katherine

[Ganoksin] The Ganoksin Project - A Project in Transition [email protected] Jewelry 0 September 9th 08 09:56 AM
progress report offkilterquilter Quilting 0 April 9th 07 06:35 PM
Sad report Kellie J. Berger Quilting 25 March 13th 06 05:35 PM
who do I report abuse to SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 20 April 25th 05 02:33 PM
WC Project Exchange - pics of my finished project Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 23 October 21st 04 09:45 AM