Eye Protection

Old February 27th 08, 03:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DDJ via CraftKB.com

Default Eye Protection

I'm new to pottery/raku. I have read that it's bad on your eyes to look into
the kiln without some form of eye protection from the glare. As a result I
purchased a pair of glasses from one of the pottery supply retailers that
would be suitable for welding. Now when I look into the kiln to monitor the
glaze the glasses are too dark to allow me to even see the glaze. Does
anyone have a recommendation on something more suitable?

Thanks,
Dee

Old February 27th 08, 04:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
charlie

"DDJ via CraftKB.com" u40418@uwe wrote in message
I'm new to pottery/raku. I have read that it's bad on your eyes to look
into
the kiln without some form of eye protection from the glare. As a result
purchased a pair of glasses from one of the pottery supply retailers that
would be suitable for welding. Now when I look into the kiln to monitor
the
glaze the glasses are too dark to allow me to even see the glaze. Does
anyone have a recommendation on something more suitable?

Thanks,
Dee

wrong number glass. try a 2.5 or 3, or maybe a 4 if you're high firing. they
probably sold you something like a 9 or 10, which is more common for
welding.

Old February 27th 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.pottery
DDJ via CraftKB.com

charlie wrote:
I'm new to pottery/raku. I have read that it's bad on your eyes to look
into

[quoted text clipped - 8 lines]
Thanks,
Dee

wrong number glass. try a 2.5 or 3, or maybe a 4 if you're high firing. they
probably sold you something like a 9 or 10, which is more common for
welding.

Thanks for the quick response. I was not aware that I could order a
different number on the glass.

finger protection KJ Quilting 4 November 7th 05 08:18 AM
eye protection UV- A UV- B 100 % what to do? ABS Glass 2 May 26th 04 03:23 AM