Organizing my Quilting Studio

Old September 6th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Default Organizing my Quilting Studio

Periodically I get on a spree to Organize the Studio!!
I usually find some fabric, or a quilt design, or an
embellishment that sets me on a new project, so the
Studio is never quite finished. This time I am just
working in Zones, not trying to Do the Whole Shebang.
So, I thought you'd like to see a picture of my closet!
http://tinyurl.com/3ywgo2
This is NOT it!!! LOL....
PAT in Virginia

Old September 6th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I didn't say fabric or batting storage - only 'quilty' storage which
means notions, ufo's, wips - you get the idea? jennellh

On Sep 6, 3:27 pm, "SewVeryCreative" ConnieATsewverycreativeDOTcom
wrote:
Ah ... so you've not been quilting long? ;-)

"jennellh" wrote in message

ups.com... Pat - #4 photo would just about do me for quilty storage. jennellh

On Sep 6, 2:11 pm, Pat in Virginia wrote:
Periodically I get on a spree to Organize the Studio!!
I usually find some fabric, or a quilt design, or an
embellishment that sets me on a new project, so the
Studio is never quite finished. This time I am just
working in Zones, not trying to Do the Whole Shebang.
So, I thought you'd like to see a picture of my

closet!http://tinyurl.com/3ywgo2

This is NOT it!!! LOL....
PAT in Virginia- Hide quoted text -

Old September 6th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny[_2_]

I clearly have too much c***. I had it mostly organized. Sort of. When
I first got the room put together. But then I started to do a project
and then everything went where it always goes -- over chair backs, in
the floor bins and on the floor itself. Grrrrrrrr. Well at least I can
shut the door and nobody sees. But DH always brings people down and
shows them the room. He says he loves it because it looks like me and
he thinks it's wonderful. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, LOL.

Organization is a sign of a sick (or overworked) mind. It requires
creativity. And I have a limited supply of that, so I don't dare spend
my precious energy and creativity on organizing. = ) Just let it be
for another day. Maybe tomorrow.........

Good luck to the organizers among you!
Sunny

Old September 6th 07, 10:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

Organising your studio? Wow, Pat! Colour me impressed/envious/in need of
your organisational skills.

- dlm. unorganised in central MA

Old September 6th 07, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
- dlm.

I forgot to mention that I have chocolate, Pat...lots of chocolate if you
are interested in "helping" me organise LOL. I might even be talked into
making something from the "Death by Chocolate" cookbook...

- dlm. in central MA 'hand-quilter; chocolate and coffee taster,
extraordinaire'

Old September 6th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lotsoflavender

Ah yes, organized work room......have yet to graduate to that Level. To have
the storage of photo 4 would be soooo nice. I'm a bit like Sunny, with
stuff over backs of chairs, dumped on the keyboard, on the floor. I
remember some years ago one of the quilting mags did a article on the work
rooms of professional quilters and I thought, they must of tidied up for the
cameras!

Wendy in Nsw

Old September 6th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

i also thot that 'closet'? on pix 4 was more of a room.
just stick a bed in the middle and ya can use the real room as your craft
room, much bigger no doubt. )
ya mostly sleep where the bed is so the darkness there makes more sense to
me that way
and the real room to sew in where ya got much better light conditions.
yup, works for me. now where to find a 'closet' that big to put my kingsize
bed into, hmmmmm.
jeanne

"Lotsoflavender" wrote...

Old September 7th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Gee, if you're organizing your Studio you probably have some fabric you need
to send me.

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Periodically I get on a spree to Organize the Studio!! I usually find some
fabric, or a quilt design, or an embellishment that sets me on a new
project, so the Studio is never quite finished. This time I am just
working in Zones, not trying to Do the Whole Shebang. So, I thought you'd
like to see a picture of my closet!
http://tinyurl.com/3ywgo2
This is NOT it!!! LOL....
PAT in Virginia

Organizing for a TW project [email protected] Needlework 54 January 19th 07 12:43 AM
More organizing of supplies [email protected] Rubberstamps 1 July 16th 05 02:40 AM
Organizing stamps Jeannette Marsala Rubberstamps 0 July 14th 05 06:29 PM
Organizing to quilt Joan Quilting 0 March 20th 05 04:11 PM
OT organizing binge Roberta Zollner Quilting 19 January 19th 05 03:37 PM