SEWING MACHINE FAIRY STRUCK!

Old August 14th 05, 05:37 PM
BEI Design

mamahays wrote:
--whose "babies" are mostly all in the sewing machine hospital
right now because the movers didn't pack them well. the only
good part of this is that said movers will pay off the sewing
machine doctor. *sigh*

Oh, Sharon!!! How awful, you have my most sincere sympathy. You
should casually mention the name of this "moving" company. Really,
you should.

--
Beverly
delete nospam and .invalid to reply

Old August 21st 05, 05:50 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

Thanks for my chuckle of the day, Joanne!
Friends wonder why I have such a tiny sewing room, but to me it's rather
obvious: I will fill whatever space I am allotted as I have far too much
will power (it's the won't power that I lack...)! In a room that's smaller
than 8x10 I have two sewing machines, two domestic sergers, and one
industrial serger all set up and ready to go. I also have: one spare sewing
machine, a bookshelf holding binned notions, 12 years of Burda Magazines,
assorted other craft & sewing magazines, and a lizard cage (long story). In
addition there are sixteen 68 litre, four 32 litre and two 54 litre
Rubbermaid roughtotes holding fabrics, yarns and craft supplies. A hinged
tote holds current projects and their patterns. When my DH goes away next
month, I will be doing a clear and sort to tidy up and put the dribs and
drabs away or toss them. It all works very well indeed - but every inch of
wall is used, too! I took out the closet because I found that the
roughtotes worked far better than a closet did - I toyed with the idea of
specialty shelves and then thought: what? waste all that good cash? Do
you realise how much fabric that could buy?!!! So:- I bought a couple more
roughtotes and proceeded to fill them...!
Cynthia

"Pogonip" wrote in message
Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Pogonip wrote
I only have one closet. The coat closet is full with the vacuum cleaner

snip
I think it was the "Nice things can still happen to you so stop being so
pessimistic" fairy myself.

Ha! Whatever works. big snip This is the only house I want to live

in, so I can't follow George
Carlin's advice and get a place to hold my stuff so I can get more
stuff. Maybe he didn't mean that as advice.......
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth

Old August 21st 05, 09:44 AM
Pogonip

Cynthia Spilsted wrote:
[...]

Glad I made you smile. Do you suppose that we are all worried that
there will be no more fabric? Patterns? Notions? So we need to stock up?

Old August 22nd 05, 02:07 AM
joy beeson

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 01:44:46 -0700, Pogonip
wrote:

Do you suppose that we are all worried that
there will be no more fabric?

Well, I'll never again see *that* fabric, and it's such a
cheap price!

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~dbeeson59...HSEW/ROUGH.HTM

Old August 23rd 05, 03:41 AM
admom

whew! when i read the subject, i could not decide if the fairy had gone on
strike (we are in the middle of an airline mechanic's strike, here...), or
if something had hit that poor fairy broadside! i am so relieved to find
that she is still functional. that leaves hope for me when i tackle that
terminally packed closet in the bedroom. i know it is time...there are lord
of the rings action figures leaking out one side. (okay, okay...i'm a
"closet " geek, in every sense of the word...).

sewing machine fairies RULE!!!!!

admom

Old August 23rd 05, 11:09 PM
Doug&Michelle

"Cynthia Spilsted" wrote in message

I will fill whatever space I am allotted as I have far too much
will power (it's the won't power that I lack...)!

Yes, exactly! Thanks for putting words to it for me!

Now I know just what to say.

Michelle Giordano

Old August 27th 05, 04:49 AM
Cynthia Spilsted

"Pogonip" wrote in message
big snip Do you suppose that we are all worried that
there will be no more fabric? Patterns? Notions? So we need to stock

up?

--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth

Have you ever seen a fabric that you thought "Gee, that would look nice
as...." but didn't buy it for whatever reason - and then looked for it
again AND IT WASN'T THERE?
It is the fear of not being able to get those three metres of that oh so
cute (or different, or whatever adjective you go by) fabric that spurs us
on. At least we know that we have that metreage - we're just waiting until
we remember what it was we were going to make!
Cynthia