It took a hurricane

Old September 3rd 08, 02:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate T.

Default It took a hurricane

to finally get my phone line repaired. I had my house completely
rewired and still no phone. The hurricane took care of it. The
repairman came by about 2 a.m. I was up at that time and wondered out
to see how much damage the storm had done. I got to talk to the
repairman after he came down. Some kind of chip had to be replaced.
The same one that had malfunctioned 4 years ago.

Not much damage here. Some neighbors lost cable, some lost electric
and me I had no phone.

Couldn't evacuate. The evacuation of about 2 million people had the
interstates and state highways choked with those leaving Louisiana and
the Mississippi Gulf Coast. Winds were not bad and we didn't get the
22 inches of rain as predicted.

And the first business to open...Walmart.

And keeping this on topic, all my SM's were packed in the van along
with my machine quilting frame. As I waited out the storm I pinned 70
blocks together ready for the SM and got the fabric ready for the
border of my Hunter's Star.

Sun should be out today so we can dry out.

Kate T.
Old September 3rd 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

At least something good came of the storm! A working phone and 70 blocks
ready to go. I'm glad to hear you fared so well. Whew!

--
Kathyl (KJ)
remove "nospam" before mchsi

Old September 3rd 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Really glad to hear from you, Kate - glad about the phone, too!
..
In message
,
Kate T. writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old September 3rd 08, 04:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Glas you came through this OK.
Barbara in SC, where Hurricane Hanna is supposed to come thru the middle of
our state Thursday afternoon

Old September 3rd 08, 06:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Louise[_3_]

Thanks for checking in, Kate! So glad to hear you're safe - and now we'll be
waiting for pictures of the Hunter's Star!

--
Louise in Iowa
nielandl@ msn dot com

Old September 3rd 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article
,
"Kate T." wrote:

[...]

Kate, I'm so glad that things weren't too bad for you! And now that the
phone line is fixed, you're all set to get back to "normal" -- until the
next one hits. Good luck.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old September 3rd 08, 11:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Surprised to see you, Kate. We figured you'd be at least in Kansas by now.
Polly

OT Hurricane Gwendoline Kelly Yarn 0 August 29th 05 06:09 AM
Hurricane Sherry Starr Quilting 23 July 13th 05 07:07 PM
Hurricane Havoc Karen C - California Needlework 12 September 13th 04 06:47 PM
hurricane art Slgraber Pottery 0 September 7th 04 12:52 AM
OT - Hurricane Sherry Starr Quilting 6 August 13th 04 11:41 PM