Updates on Custom Ordering and AD for Specials

Old August 13th 04, 11:50 PM
Kandice Seeber

Default Updates on Custom Ordering and AD for Specials

Happy Friday the 13th! This is posted to my website as well as on the
mailing list.
This is a long one, so bear with me. Several things - first of all,
Specials!! Up today are some beads I had a lot of fun making. Details are at
the bottom of my main page.

http://www.lampwork.net

Fall is coming, so of course I will be using a lot of autumn colors. I also
have a stack of Bullseye glass just waiting for me to try, and some pixie
dust and frits as well.

As for yesterday's topic about custom ordering, I have gotten a lot of
have decided not to implement this idea. I have been going back and forth on
the issue of custom orders for quite some time now. The bottom line is that
when I am doing custom requests or making duplicate beads, I do not do my
best work. There's something about the freedom of expression that really
makes beautiful beads. I want to stay with that. Also, when working to
create something based on someone's request, I tend to take a lot longer and
end up scrapping beads that don't fit. So I think it's just better all
around if I create beads and sell them once they are finished. I will
continue to have specials and auctions, and this will be the only way to get
my beads from now on. I will also continue to have the Questionaire up so
that you all can suggest the kind of thing you like to see. I do appreciate
all the kind words and helpful advice I have received. Thanks for reading
all of this!!

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old August 14th 04, 12:18 AM
Paulette I.

Good for you girl!! The reasons you mentioned are the same reasons that I no
longer do custom orders. Keep yourself happy and I'm sure that your
customers will be happier as a result of the gorgeous beadies that you will
be creating with your new found artistic freedom! The ones you've been
creating since you stopped taking custom orders have been stellar!! Keep
following your heart and don't let your mind get in your way!

((((hugs))))

--
Paulette
SPIglass Studio ~ minitature works of art in glass

My beads on Ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/spiglass-lampwork

Available beads on website:
http://www.flutterdesigns.com/SPIgla...ilable_now.htm

Old August 14th 04, 12:26 AM
Tinkster

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 15:50:05 -0700, "Kandice Seeber"
wrote:

The bottom line is that
when I am doing custom requests or making duplicate beads, I do not do my
best work. There's something about the freedom of expression that really
makes beautiful beads. I want to stay with that.

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm
Old August 14th 04, 08:27 AM
Su/Cutworks

Kandice wrote:

I will
continue to have specials and auctions, and this will be the only way to

get
my beads from now on. I will also continue to have the Questionaire up so
that you all can suggest the kind of thing you like to see. I do

appreciate
all the kind words and helpful advice I have received. Thanks for reading
all of this!!

Congratulations on choosing to make yourself happy!

-Su

Old August 14th 04, 02:41 PM
Linda2

Kandice,

As someone who has watched you and your artistry grow since day one, I say
do what makes YOU happy. As someone else said, your customers will be happy
with your new beads that are made with love and heart-felt happiness.

I have lusted after your beads for a long time and thanks to the kindess of
Valerie Shawn (or maybe she was just tired of listening to me whine daily
about not having a Kandice bead) I now own one, a beautiful clear blue with
raised scrolls. I love it! I about shrieked the roof down when it arrived in
the mail.

When I hit the lottery, I will make it a priority that everyone who has ever
lusted after a Kandice bead shall have one.

Linda2

Old August 15th 04, 12:53 AM
Dr. Sooz

WAY To GO!! Congratulations, Kandice -- I know it must've been difficult to
make a decision. You did GREAT, my sweet!
~~
Sooz
Old August 15th 04, 12:54 AM
Dr. Sooz

As someone who has watched you and your artistry grow since day one, I say
do what makes YOU happy. As someone else said, your customers will be happy
with your new beads that are made with love and heart-felt happiness.

I have lusted after your beads for a long time and thanks to the kindess of
Valerie Shawn (or maybe she was just tired of listening to me whine daily
about not having a Kandice bead) I now own one, a beautiful clear blue with
raised scrolls. I love it! I about shrieked the roof down when it arrived in
the mail.

I KNOW!! I am blessed beyond belief with some Kandice beads, too.
~~
Sooz
Old August 15th 04, 01:19 AM
Kandice Seeber

You guys kill me....thank you!!!!!
BTW - two specials still left on the site!
--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs