Noreen - gmail is being flaky

Old January 15th 05, 02:22 PM
Wooly

Default Noreen - gmail is being flaky

I can see that I have email from you, but Gmail won't let me read it.
Whatever it is, I'll respond to it when I'm able to read it. Whenever
that might be.
Old January 15th 05, 07:23 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Wooly" wrote in message
news
I can see that I have email from you, but Gmail won't let me read it.
Whatever it is, I'll respond to it when I'm able to read it. Whenever
that might be.

Okay. Hey, when did you move to LosT Angelass?
(see the post about Wooly Bully, I rotflmao)
Noreen

Old January 16th 05, 01:07 AM
Wooly

Hah, see my reply to same. Thanks for the stand-up, but I can take
care of myself without swallowing and then vomiting up a poor excuse
for a thesaurus. *wink*

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:23:42 -0600, "Noreen's Knit*che"
spewed forth :

Old January 16th 05, 02:20 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Wooly" wrote in message
Hah, see my reply to same. Thanks for the stand-up, but I can take
care of myself without swallowing and then vomiting up a poor excuse
for a thesaurus. *wink*

Oh yah, I *know* you can, but I was here, it was there, and it just got my
flatlander blood boiling, and I was spewing at 'it' before I could stop my
fingers from flying on the keyboard!
Notice the reference to flatlander, I'm a born FIB too.
methinks only Wisconsinites call 'em FIB's and flatlanders tho....
LOL
Noreen
anyway, my email basically said, 'we'll *talk*', if need be....

Old January 16th 05, 02:53 AM
Wooly

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:22:07 GMT, Wooly spewed forth :

I can see that I have email from you, but Gmail won't let me read it.
Whatever it is, I'll respond to it when I'm able to read it. Whenever
that might be.

I have *finally* got my Gmail set up to work with my POP client.
Funny, Gmail was working yesterday with Firefox, today it (is/was)
broken but worked fine with MSIE. Methinks GMail is futzing about
with Javascript, since I had a lot of javascript console errors coming
from gmail.com today.

Anyhow, I got your message, let me know what we need to do next.
Old January 16th 05, 03:18 AM
Carey N.

"Wooly" wrote in message
On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 14:22:07 GMT, Wooly spewed forth :

I have *finally* got my Gmail set up to work with my POP client.
Funny, Gmail was working yesterday with Firefox, today it (is/was)
broken but worked fine with MSIE. Methinks GMail is futzing about
with Javascript, since I had a lot of javascript console errors coming
from gmail.com today.

Wooly & Noreen:
Pardon my intrustion but I had been considering trying to get an invitation
to gmail, but it sounds like perhaps I had better just stick with Outlook
Express, and Verizon with MSN for now. All I know is that Outlook Express
uses HTTP to get mail off MSN and says Verizon is POP.

The thought of a large amount of storage off my computer is enticing(I've
had a couple go on me and lost various things in the process), but I don't
want to have to spend 6 months learning how to fix it if something goes
wrong. Any thoughts you'd care to share with me?
TIA,
Carey in MA
(fading back into shadows of Lurkdom for the moment.....)

Old January 16th 05, 03:20 AM
Wooly

Gmail worked fine with MSIE today, and you can set it up to work with
your Outlook email client if you like. If you want an invite drop a
note to my gmail account, which is slinkster, and I'll send one to
you. Seems like every time I manage to burn all of my invites gmail
dumps a bunch more on me

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:18:12 GMT, "Carey N."
spewed forth :

Old January 16th 05, 05:30 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Carey N." wrote in message

Wooly & Noreen:
Pardon my intrustion but I had been considering trying to get an

invitation
to gmail, but it sounds like perhaps I had better just stick with Outlook
Express, and Verizon with MSN for now. All I know is that Outlook

Express
uses HTTP to get mail off MSN and says Verizon is POP.

The thought of a large amount of storage off my computer is enticing(I've
had a couple go on me and lost various things in the process), but I

don't
want to have to spend 6 months learning how to fix it if something goes
wrong. Any thoughts you'd care to share with me?
TIA,
Carey in MA
(fading back into shadows of Lurkdom for the moment.....)

I have gadzillions of invitations, and I haven't had a lick of trouble with
gmail. I have it coming in on OE, PocoMail, Eureka (not to be confused
with Eudora!), Thunderbird and ePrompter. Each client configures
differently, but I get those messages IN, no matter which client I choose
that day. Course, you can use it right on the web instead, MSIE, Mozilla,
Avant, Opera, whichever you use.
You can drop me a line for an invite a noreendotjatgmaildotcom.
HTH,
Noreen

--
change n e t to c o m to email me.

Old January 16th 05, 05:28 PM
Shillelagh

s'cuse me people. What the h*ll is gmail??

Thanks
Shelagh

Old January 16th 05, 05:42 PM
Wooly

Google's answer to webmail.

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 11:28:03 -0600, "Shillelagh"
spewed forth :