You know you're a stitcher when . . .

Old October 27th 05, 09:59 PM
lewmew

Default You know you're a stitcher when . . .

You are sending out an email to your kid's sports team and you identify
yourself as "that person who is always stitching something"!

Old October 27th 05, 11:16 PM
Joan E.

lewmew wrote:
You are sending out an email to your kid's sports team and you identify
yourself as "that person who is always stitching something"!

Love it!!! And so appropriate, too. Better than a lot of other things
one could be identified as! LOL!

Joan

Old October 28th 05, 02:40 AM
edna

You Know You're A Cross-Stitcher When.
You think the X-Files is a show about cross-stitching.

Your car knows how to get to Michael's all by itself. (My son is named
Michael, but he's not named after * that * Michael.)

You hear on the news that the police confiscated a large stash from a
suspect's house and wonder when floss possession became illegal.

You know that UFO really stands for UnFinished Object and have no idea what
those NASA people are talking about.

You get party invitations with "please leave stitch projects at home"
written under the RSVP line.

Your family finds floss tails in their dinner.

You missed boarding your airplane because you had to finish off one more
section.

You realize you should have bought Rubbermaid stock.

You see a brilliant rainbow and know the DMC numbers for each colour.

You have new floss release dates written in your daytimer. (Who me?)

oups.com...

Old October 28th 05, 05:53 PM
Genghis Khan's Wife

When this poem says it all:

Stitcher's Verse

Cross-stitchers are a different breed~

The things we hope for, the things wee need.

We wish for floss to finish that row.

We sometimes with our guests would go.

We Wait all day for that time to be~

That special time~that time for ME

Each needle is threaded, the colors arrayed

Scissors and chart have been carefully laid.

Now we relax, this is our pleasure~

Stitching this piece of soon-to-be treasure.

We always ignore that mental warning~

Stitching all night makes it rough in the morning.

But time's unimportant, we don't heed clocks~

Our project awaits us, now we proceed.

This must be heaven~what more could we need!

Old October 28th 05, 11:37 PM
val189

you check Quicken to see how much you've spent on framing in the last
few years - before you dare to deliver another project to 'em. My
little bit of trickery - be sure to charge only half the fee to your
credit card BEFORE your billing date, then pick up the item and charge
the rest of it on the next billing cycle, so dh might get fooled by the
exact amt. appearing on two receipts, if he sees only one, that is.

you have to vack ev. few days to get up the floss or wool ends from
around your work area.

your right index finger isn't too straight any longer.

Old October 29th 05, 03:34 AM
Jenn L

val189 wrote:
you check Quicken to see how much you've spent on framing in the last
few years - before you dare to deliver another project to 'em. My
little bit of trickery - be sure to charge only half the fee to your
credit card BEFORE your billing date, then pick up the item and charge
the rest of it on the next billing cycle, so dh might get fooled by the
exact amt. appearing on two receipts, if he sees only one, that is.

you have to vack ev. few days to get up the floss or wool ends from
around your work area.

your right index finger isn't too straight any longer.

No DH left to have to fool so nope.

Heh, I have to vacuum daily!

Adn I don't think my right index finger ever was straight, but I'll
gladly blame the stitching!! LOL

--
Jenn L.

www.needleful-things.com

Current projects:
Autumn Sampler (Nathalie Forster/Crazy For Cross Stitch mag)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Starry Night (Van Gogh)
Old October 29th 05, 03:50 PM
Brenda Lewis

If you handle all the household accounts, hubby never needs to see the
statements... {assuming innocent look}

val189 wrote:
you check Quicken to see how much you've spent on framing in the last
few years - before you dare to deliver another project to 'em. My
little bit of trickery - be sure to charge only half the fee to your
credit card BEFORE your billing date, then pick up the item and charge
the rest of it on the next billing cycle, so dh might get fooled by the
exact amt. appearing on two receipts, if he sees only one, that is.

--
Brenda
NEW to Styx, classic to the world: Big Bang Theory
Old October 29th 05, 05:44 PM
Karen C - California

Brenda Lewis wrote:

If you handle all the household accounts, hubby never needs to see the
statements... {assuming innocent look}

Bingo! Mr. Flaky was just as happy to let me handle the family
bookkeeping because *I* remembered to get the checks in on time (which
he never did), so unless he accompanied me into LNS, he had no idea how
much I spent. After all, how much could a bag the size of a $2 greeting
card possibly have cost to fill up?

And if you occasionally "let" him pick up a 24c skein of DMC at Le Mart
du Wal, he learns that all your threads cost 24c, whether they're
Kreinik, overdye, or silk.

--
Karen C - California
www.CFSfacts.org where we give you the facts and dispel the myths

WIP: July birthstone, Flowers of Hawaii (Jeanette Crews) for ME!!!
LTR: Fireman's Prayer (#2), Amid Amish Life, Angel of Autumn,
Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe

See my designs exclusively at www.TyWolfeDesigns.com

Editor/Proofreader http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old October 29th 05, 09:01 PM
Carey N.

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
Brenda Lewis wrote:

If you handle all the household accounts, hubby never needs to see the
statements... {assuming innocent look}

Bingo! Mr. Flaky was just as happy to let me handle the family
bookkeeping because *I* remembered to get the checks in on time (which
he never did), so unless he accompanied me into LNS, he had no idea how
much I spent. After all, how much could a bag the size of a $2 greeting
card possibly have cost to fill up?

And if you occasionally "let" him pick up a 24c skein of DMC at Le Mart
du Wal, he learns that all your threads cost 24c, whether they're
Kreinik, overdye, or silk.

--
Karen C - California

Now if we could only make that true all the time..... ;-))
--
Carey in MA

Old October 29th 05, 09:38 PM
Brenda Lewis

Hmmm, Carey, I can see taking that two ways. You could mean, "Husbands
would always believe all threads are that price," or you could mean,
"All threads really should be that price." I prefer the latter!