Bernina 155?

Old April 30th 04, 02:17 PM
Polly Esther

Default Bernina 155?

There is a Bernina 155 (it is one-five-five, not to be confused with 150 or
165) at my Bernina shop. It keeps trying to follow me home. Please tell me
what you know about this Bernie. Polly

Old April 30th 04, 03:26 PM
JS

Hi, Polly.

I have the 153 QE in purple, and I love it. I have had it for almost 2
years now, and the only problem so far is that I don't have as much time to
spend in my quilting room as I would like. I had a crappy Kenmore before
this, and the difference is night and day. It does free motion quilting
beautifully, and I love the decorative stitches I have tried so far. From
the Bernina website, it looks like the only difference is that the 155 comes
with more stitch cards.

I love Bernina and I recommend them highly.

Jennifer in Florida

Old April 30th 04, 03:27 PM
Polly Esther

Oh for Heaven's sake, Diana. Will you behave? I need to know if everybody
who ever had a 155 started immediately saving up to move up to the 165.
Polly

"Diana Curtis" wrote in message
He has extremely good taste.
Diana

Old April 30th 04, 09:16 PM
nana2b

I have the 153QE just about 2 years. It is a pleasure to sew on. The
fancy stitches were fun to use on my crazy quilt. Easy to clean and change
bobbins. I also have the 200E and really like some of the advance features
on that too. I am definitely a Bernina fan.

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old April 30th 04, 09:36 PM
MelissaInNJ

I have the 153 and have had it for about 2 years now. I love it! There
are only three difference between a 153 and a 155. The 155 has all the
decorative stitches in the machine already, and the 153 has to be
hooked up to the computer to swap them in an out as it only holds a
limited number at a time. The 155 has two more (maybe three)
buttonhole stitches than the 153. The 155 has 3 alphabets to the 153's
one alphabet. Otherwise the machines are identical.

I use my 153 for sewing, piecing, and quilting heavily. Been using it
for piecing for years and just recently applique which it does
wonderfully. Can you tell I love my Bernina!!!

Now embroidery machines...I'd never buy a Bernina (Babylock allt he
way!!). Bernina embroidery machines are VERYYYYYY expensive compared
to all their competition, and their format of .art is proprietary.
Meaning you can convert .art designs to the many other formats out
there (.pes, .hus, .sew for example), but you cannot convert other
formats into .art. So when you find that perfect free embroidery
design on the net in .pes format...forget it. You're not able to
convert it to .art and use it on your Bernina. There might be one
software out there to convert it (Wilcom maybe?) but it is expensive
and doesn't seem worth buying the whole package just to convert to
..art.

Melissa in NJ

Old April 30th 04, 10:00 PM
Polly Esther

Golly, Melissa, wow! Thank you. You even answered the questions I hadn't
thought of. Yippee. Polly

om...

Old May 3rd 04, 03:01 PM
Dr. Quilter

If the miniRR examples I got from Melissa were done with said Bernina
153, I can tell you it sews really nicely! )

--
Dr. Quilter
Ambassador of Extraordinary Aliens

Compact Fluorescent for Bernina -- Where? Dorothy B Quilting 0 April 8th 04 11:38 AM
My new Bernina Virtuosa 153!!! Diane Keagy Quilting 9 February 2nd 04 06:32 PM
Bernina 1080 Light Problem TerMarL Quilting 10 October 21st 03 11:52 AM
Bernina 830 Polly Esther Quilting 5 September 6th 03 10:06 PM
bernina, walking foot, skipped stitches Musicmaker Quilting 7 August 25th 03 08:03 AM