Mirjam - how are you?

Old December 29th 08, 07:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family[_2_]

Default Mirjam - how are you?

I imagine the stress level is pretty high just now and wondered how
you were coping. During a time of holy days for many religions, it
seems especially sad that there's such discord in the world. Keep us
aware of your information about things in Israel, because it would be
interesting for those of us who mainly see basic 3 line articles in a
newspaper or a 30 sec. television news message and that's all the
information we might get without searching online. Moni
Old December 30th 08, 07:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

Lucretia

http://www.honestreporting.com/a/15seconds.asp

I haven`t seen you ever protest the Ongoing Rockets Shooting at
civilians , children , hospitals etc on our side of the border ,
http://www.honestreporting.com/a/15seconds.asp

Look at this and ask yourself How long YOU would have waited to stop
it ,
Please notice that the Egyptian Government and the Palestinian
President told the Hamas that they are to be balmaed because they were
warned warned and warned to stop sending rockets over Israel ,
mirjam
Old December 30th 08, 06:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family[_2_]

or if that is too long
http://tinyurl.com/9gypuf

I'm assuming you misunderstood what I was saying since you seem to
think I cannot follow a long link! I'm actually a news junkie and am
very connected via satellite tv, the internet and tons of periodicals.

What I was asking Mirjam for was a personal point of view from someone
more involved than anyone else on this board. My daughter spent a
month in Israel this summer and is very concerned about the country
during this trouble.

From my research, Hamas seems to have fired the first missiles, but
either way, it is a sad situation. Moni
Old December 30th 08, 09:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 30, 12:01*pm, Walker Family wrote:

What I was asking Mirjam for was a personal point of view from someone
more involved than anyone else on this board. *My daughter spent a
month in Israel this summer and is very concerned about the country
during this trouble.

Is there any reason not to have asked her by email? I can't imagine
that you didn't know that the topic would stir up tempers here.

Elizabeth

Old December 30th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeri

Walker Family wrote:
or if that is too long
http://tinyurl.com/9gypuf

I'm assuming you misunderstood what I was saying since you seem to
think I cannot follow a long link!

snip

I think you misunderstood her reason for posting the tinyurl. Various
newsreaders handle long URLs differently. Some break them up, making them
'unclickable'. In such cases you'd have to copy and paste the bits and
pieces into your browser. Providing a tinyurl alternative is a courtesy.
--
Jeri
"You can complain because roses have thorns, or you can rejoice because

Old December 31st 08, 07:48 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family[_2_]

Sorry -I should have taken this directly to email but there have been
troubles accessing Mirjam that way - server problems I imagine.

Didn't want to stir anyone up, not my intent EVER and don't expect to
see it among any group of adults - I do appreciate a website.

It's all tragic enough, we don't need to follow this any further on
the newsgroup. I'm off to cuddle my new kitty, our third tabby, and
read before heading to bed. Moni
Old December 31st 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 31, 1:48*am, Walker Family wrote:

Didn't want to stir anyone up, not my intent EVER and don't expect to
see it among any group of adults

You don't expect adults to feel strongly enough about something to get
stirred up about a difference of opinion? Wow.

Elizabeth
Old December 31st 08, 10:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Walker Family[_2_]

No, not exactly. I don't expect adults to go from zero to hateful at
the first sentence. Everyone has strong opinions in my family and
we peacefully coexist without resorting to harsh words and bent
feelings. Moni

Old January 1st 09, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P[_2_]

wrote in message
Lucretia

http://www.honestreporting.com/a/15seconds.asp

I haven`t seen you ever protest the Ongoing Rockets Shooting at
civilians , children , hospitals etc on our side of the border ,
http://www.honestreporting.com/a/15seconds.asp

Look at this and ask yourself How long YOU would have waited to stop
it ,
Please notice that the Egyptian Government and the Palestinian
President told the Hamas that they are to be balmaed because they were
warned warned and warned to stop sending rockets over Israel ,
mirjam

On the other hand, what shocks most of us is the totally OTT response by
Israel. If two or three people in a town anywhere in the world get killed
the normal reaction isn`t to go and kill more than 300 indiscriminately!

All that`s going to do is produce even more terrorism and suicide bombings
all over the world (Like we had recently in Mumbai).

Pat

Old January 1st 09, 03:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Dec 31, 4:48*pm, Walker Family wrote:
No, not exactly. *I don't expect adults to go from zero to hateful at
the first sentence. * *Everyone has strong opinions in my family and
we peacefully coexist without resorting to harsh words and bent
feelings. *Moni

I, on the other hand, was raised in a family where people did and do
go from zero to hateful in no time, so, while I don't like it, I do
usually expect it. I sometimes do it, because it's habit, although I
have been trying to curb that.

Mirjam Ophelia Yarn 1 March 28th 07 06:41 AM
Mirjam, sorry about that NoraBalcer Yarn 0 July 8th 04 04:01 PM
Mirjam Cher Yarn 7 October 21st 03 07:11 PM
For Mirjam xray_momma Yarn 3 August 23rd 03 01:24 PM