OT - Brenda how's the knee!

Old March 12th 04, 03:19 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Caryn wrote:

Have you gotten her any of the Sandra Boynton board books? My kids loved them
all, but especially "Boo, Baa, La La La", "The Going to Bed Book" and "Doggies"

Not a board book, but "Hippos go Berserk" by Sandra Boynton. Can still
recite half of it! By far one of the best yard-sale purchases I *ever* made.

BTW, we just got a CD in recently about an imaginary B'way review by
Sandra Boynton. It is hysterical! It's called "Philadelphia Chickens"
and is chock-full of bad puns and weird humor. I love the way SB's mind
works. Check it out online, especially the opening "Cow" song.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...an=11661812222

Sue

Old March 12th 04, 03:32 PM
Caryn

BTW, we just got a CD in recently about an imaginary B'way review by
Sandra Boynton. It is hysterical! It's called "Philadelphia Chickens"
and is chock-full of bad puns and weird humor. I love the way SB's mind
works. Check it out online, especially the opening "Cow" song.

http://music.barnesandnoble.com/sear...VQTGZLH5O&ean=

11661812222

That is soooo cute! Suddenly wishing my kids were younger!

Well, the 8 yr old might still enjoy it, but the 12 and 14 yr olds are
definately too teenager to.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old March 12th 04, 03:33 PM
Rhiannon

Hmmm, haven't heard of those. Have heard great things about her
"Philadelphia Chickens" so I will have to look into these. We do a lot
of Dr. Seuss. The true test for anyone even slightly dyslexic is to
successfully read "Fox in Socks" upside down.

Brenda

Old March 12th 04, 04:00 PM
Caryn

The true test for anyone even slightly dyslexic is to
successfully read "Fox in Socks" upside down.

Do not buy "oh Say can you Say" then....it's very hard to read right side up!
rofl

Old March 12th 04, 04:18 PM
Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen

Caryn wrote:

That is soooo cute! Suddenly wishing my kids were younger!

Well, the 8 yr old might still enjoy it, but the 12 and 14 yr olds are
definately too teenager to.

Get it for the kid in you...and if you play it around the house, it'll
give the teenagers "permission" to secretly enjoy it, too. They'll say,
"aw, mom, not THAT again!" and secretly be singing along

Sue

Old March 12th 04, 04:23 PM
Caryn

Get it for the kid in you...and if you play it around the house, it'll
give the teenagers "permission" to secretly enjoy it, too. They'll say,
"aw, mom, not THAT again!" and secretly be singing along

sigh....mine are much more into eye-rolling and refering to anything besides
AFI, Blink 182 and Good Charlotte as "Old people music"

Gotta love teenagers!

Old March 13th 04, 02:53 AM
Alison

Philadelphia Chickens is the best CD for a road trip - great
sing-along songs for all ages ('poultry in motion is a beautiful
thing...")

Alison

Old March 13th 04, 03:02 AM
Alison

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:18:43 -0500, Susan Hartman/Dirty Linen
wrote:

Caryn wrote:

That is soooo cute! Suddenly wishing my kids were younger!

Well, the 8 yr old might still enjoy it, but the 12 and 14 yr olds are
definately too teenager to.

Get it for the kid in you...and if you play it around the house, it'll
give the teenagers "permission" to secretly enjoy it, too. They'll say,
"aw, mom, not THAT again!" and secretly be singing along

Sue

As I posted earlier, this is our favorite road trip CD. Two
50-somethings just singing along!

Alison