OT Pat Porter How's DH doing

Old January 14th 04, 12:32 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default OT Pat Porter How's DH doing

You've been in my thoughts - how is he doing!
Cheryl

Old January 14th 04, 03:00 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

First I was concerned about Pat because I hadn't seen her posting much.
Now I read Cheryl's remark . . . and I didn't know there were more
problems in her life.

HUGS, Pat.
Dianne

Old January 15th 04, 12:07 AM
PaulaB

Pat wrote that he was having chest pain or something that they were
pretty sure was heart-related and was going to the doctor (I *think*)
the 26th of Dec.
I've been wondering too. Paula B.

Old January 15th 04, 01:10 AM
Pat P

Up and down, thanks, everyone. Sudden dash to hospital emergency last week
with cardiac failure, fluid on the lungs, (and general fluid retention) and
congestion of the liver (and no, he doesn`t drink much at all - just a
whisky most nights) They gave him a thorough going over and rejig of his
medications, and he does feel a lot better, but still weak. He had a bad
spell this morning as a matter of fact, and still has more blood tests to
go - and a visit to the cardiologist in the next week or so - just waiting
for the letter from the hospital. It`s getting him down a bit, as he`s
never felt so ill in his life before, and it`s been going on for so long! In
fact he`s only evr had one day off work as long as I`ve known him (more than
50 years). He so much appreciates all the messages he`s been getting - as do
I!

Just to add to his troubles he reached behind him to pull out a newspaper he
was sitting on and felt something "go" in his bicep. Next day I asked him
how it was "Oh fine!" he said. "Hardly hurts ar all!" but when he looked,
his arm was red/black/purple from shoulder to between his elbow and wrist!!!
Panic! I called the surgery, and the doctor called back and said not to
worry - he knew just what he`d done - ruptured a capillary. It would look
very dramatic, but nothing to worry about.

We`ll bothfeel better once he`s seen the consultant, anyway.

Pat P

Old January 15th 04, 01:17 AM
Pat P

Thanks Dianne. Just to add to it all, our oldest girl (the bi-polar one)
has had to go back in hospital. Our other daughter and our son have been
brilliant, but poor old Sue just went into hysterics, which was no help to
anyone. It was full moon, too. To be honest John can do without the daily
dramatic phone-calls from Sue, although he`d never admit it.

Jane`s been shopping and dog walking, and Richard shot up from Kent for a
couple of days (and did the cooking, which was such a welcome relief!!!)
Friends have been so good, too.

I had to cancel an eye test twice - and a dental appointment, but Jane`s
ferrying me to those this week as John is still not keen to drive yet.

Pat P.

Old January 15th 04, 03:30 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: "Pat P"

Up and down, thanks, everyone. ......

{{{{{Pat, John & Family}}}} hope everything starts to get a bit better! Good
thing you have the family to help out a bit. Please keep us posted on how you
and John -- and the doggies, too -- are doing OK? CiaoMeow ^;;^
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 15th 04, 02:07 PM
PaulaB

Sounds like you've been through the mill, Pat! I will keep all of you
in my prayers. Hang in there! Hugs, Paula B.

Old January 15th 04, 03:01 PM
Bmciowa

Up and down, thanks, everyone.

Best wishes to you both.

Sara
WIPS: 1797 Ship Sampler (Barrick Samplers)

Old January 15th 04, 07:29 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Oh Pat, we'll keep thinking about you.
HUGS!
Cheryl

On 1/14/04 7:10 PM, in article
, "Pat P"

Old January 15th 04, 10:30 PM
zita_tempest

Hugs!

"Pat P" wrote in message
[...]

Attn Pat Porter - alphabets Rosemary Needlework 6 November 17th 03 11:20 PM
How's this for pretty? BeckiBead Beads 5 November 11th 03 08:14 PM
OT - Attention Pat Porter clancy Needlework 4 October 2nd 03 02:18 PM
Pat Porter in other wars Norma Needlework 3 September 11th 03 03:52 PM