Xstitch and stitches per inch and fabric

Old August 5th 03, 10:31 PM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

From: Joan Erickson

...... Emotional as well as environmental
stress--*definitely* not a vacation. Well, here's something just for
you: ((((((((((Mary))))))))))))

Thanks bunches -- surprising how letting off a bit of stress in a post and
having someone "out there" understand just seems to make it a whole lot better
:-))).
The icing on the cake was the stitching I was working on. It's a piece for
the magazine and I had to get it back to Janet by Monday (04 Aug) so I worked
on only that while I was "on holiday". It wasn't a difficult design -- no
partial stitches, done on 18 ct. aida. There was a lot of backstitching tho'
and to make matters worse, it used THREE different DMC metallics, one Wisper
and 2 over dyed fibers VBS. Those DMC metallics are a total P.I.T.A. to say
the least!
Adding insult to injury -- the design was really wide and short -- in the
landscape orientation! This type of design does not fit into ANY type of frame
properly. I mounted it on my regular 18" scroll frame and had to work with it
turned sideways so that the scrolls were at the sides instead of the top &
bottom. I would get myself set up at a table so that I could rest the top of
the frame on the edge of the table, have the bottom of the frame propped on a
pillolw or something similar and then I could stitch two handed. working with
the metallics, you NEED to have both hands to keep the *$*$^ stuff in check!!!
Anyway, I got the piecefinished and took it over to Janet's at about
0-dark:30 on Monday morning. I am *very* happy to have that out of the way
:-)))! CiaoMeow
..

PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!