Notification to all

Old July 29th 03, 10:14 PM
animaux

Default Notification to all

Holy cow! Is this the Nathalie who used to post here? If so, why am I not
surprised?

On 29 Jul 2003 10:43:45 -0700, (Lady Mamid) wrote:

From :
http://www.chia.net/mimick/ydg
This is to let all know that I am no longer being employed by
NDMDC.com or Nathalie Forster as per their statement:

"It is our understanding that Nathalie Forster had a number of items
of property belonging to other companies and/or individuals in her
own possession, namely sample stitching, photos and other goods which
were property of Janet M Perry, a selection of patterns from X's and
Oh's, sample stitching that was prepared for commercial use that are
owned by Bewitching Stitches, as well as a number of other
unspecified goods. It is our understanding that Nathalie Forster has
either returned these goods in good will, made adequate alternative
arrangements to return these goods with third parties in good will,
or is making adequate arrangements to return these goods to their
rightful owners in the near future when financial situation permits.
Where goods are still due, these will be returned before or by August
31, 2003 at the latest date. It is our understanding that Nathalie
Forster expects the same courtesy for her own property in return and
expects her property returned by August 31, 2003 at the latest, to
herself or appointed authorised agent(s). Any person who worked for
Nathalie Forster who does not comply will be reported to appropriate
authorities for theft and further action may be pursued, both legal
and other means."
I am one of several designers and modelstitchers who have been
affected by such actions by her and the companies she may or may not
currently own. Until such time as I receive payment for the
modelstitching I have done for either NDMDC or Nathale Forster,
neither Nathalie Forster nor any company previously or currently
associated with her is authorized to sell any of YDG Designs or
exhibit my work. This list includes but is not limited to: the web
page work I also did on a per page basis, reimbursement for payment to
my modelstitchers, and payment for designs sold.

Until payment arrangements can and have been made, I will not be
sending anything back. If arrangements haven't been made with me by
August 31st, 2003, I will consider the materials I have left in my
position partial payment for my time spent working for Nathalie
Forster and NDMDC and will dispose of the items as I see fit.

Other distributers and resellers need to Contact Me if they wish to
still distribute my designs.

I am extremely disheartened by what has happened, not just to myself
but to other modelstitchers and designers affected by Nathalie
Forster's and NDMDC's actions and decisions. I will endeavor to warn
other novice modelstitcher and designers that contracting with
Nathalie Forster or NDMDC could be extremely detrimental to their
carreers.

Yolanda Goodwin

YDG Designs

Last updated :July 29th, 2003

Old July 30th 03, 05:23 AM
Fred

At first I thought Nathalie and her business went off in one direction and
the "www.ndmdc.com url" got sold and went off in another. From the tone of
the message on the web site it implies there is a separation. However a
search produced the following;
Domain Name.......... ndmdc.com
Creation Date........ 2001-03-17
Registration Date.... 2003-06-06
Expiry Date.......... 2005-03-17
Organisation Name.... Nathalie's Designs Mail Order and Distribution Company
Organisation Address. 2 The Lawns
Organisation Address. Windermere Road
Organisation Address. Reading
Organisation Address. RG2 7JA
Organisation Address. Berkshire
Organisation Address. GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

It might be that the "url" ndmdc.com and "Nathalie's Designs Mail Order and
Distribution Company name" are owned by one and the same person but that
"NDMDC" is a registered copyright logo/name of someone completely unrelated.
Time will tell.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. Pending

m...

Old July 30th 03, 10:56 AM
Jan Lennie

Ok Fred - no need to squirrel any more, I'll let you out of your misery lol
.. All these sites are in fact linked . Nathalie owned (owns ?) NDMDC .
Muckworld (Driving Force Software LTD) is her husbands Company for which she
is a ? non-executive partner. She has now opened another company
needlesnstitches to sell her needlework designs .
Jan
"Fred" wrote in message
To add to my first post, I read the web site notice again
and it does appear "on the surface" that the "url" ndmdc.com
was sold.What I found *interesting* was the *new owner's*
concerns for the welfare of the Nathalie's Designs Mail
Order and Distribution Company's designers, customers
and creditors, etc. Why should the new owner of the
"url" care??? They got what they paid for!
So I do some clicking around.g

As I posted before - I looked for ndmdc.com and
found the following;
Domain Name.......... ndmdc.com
Creation Date........ 2001-03-17
Registration Date.... 2003-06-06
Expiry Date.......... 2005-03-17
Organisation Name.... Nathalie's Designs Mail Order
and Distribution Company
Organisation Address. 2 The Lawns Windermere Road
Organisation Address. Reading RG2 7JA
Organisation Address. Berkshire GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

When one lands on the ndmdc.com web site they request that
violators of the NDMDC copyright are to be reported
to "admin @muckworld.com".
muckworld.com is a blank page however with some
more clicking around I find the following;
Domain Name.......... muckworld.com
Creation Date........ 2000-11-26
Registration Date.... 2000-11-26
Expiry Date.......... 2004-11-26
Organisation Name.... Driving Force Software Limited
Organisation Address. 2 The Lawns, Windermere Road
Organisation Address. Reading RG2 7JA
Organisation Address. Berkshire GREAT BRITAIN (UK)

On this side of the pond selling a company asset to another
party with an "identical address" would suggest a "squirreling
away" of assets prior to filing for Chap. 11 by the original
owners of ndmdc.com and it usually flies like a *truck*.

BTW - for those that don't know - "squirreling away" is an
accounting term meaning, "hiding your nuts" from creditors.
The nuts normally end up cracked! g

IIRC Nathalie did web sites as well as stitching designs,
distribution and she used to post here quite a lot. I don't
know much about her but sometime back between 1998
& 2000 I was considering her for my web site designer.
Aside from her high quote I just could not get a warm fuzzy
feeling about her company so I opted for the very talented
Rita Valettini in Italy at
http://www.ri-va.com/index2.htm

I could be wrong but I'm betting that both the NDMDC
web site warning and the comment at the bottom were
written by the same person.

Fred
http://www.stitchaway.com

If you are on thin ice
you might as well dance!

W.I.P. Pending

m...

Old July 30th 03, 02:03 PM
animaux

I thought she had some problems back then. She was sort of odd, and not in a
bad way, but odd none the less. I suppose I could say more, but I won't.

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 23:05:38 -0400, "lisa" wrote:

Yup 2 years ago I "won her contest" from her website, it was a free chart.
Must be that she didn't want to send to over seas or soemthing cause I got
the congratulations letter what is your address and that was it. I emailed
her and posted here about it and no reply. Oh well I guess I won't buy any
of her designs then although there were two that I would have.
Lisa
ink.net...

From :

Old July 30th 03, 03:57 PM
madeupagin

"Lady Mamid" wrote in message
m...
From : http://www.chia.net/mimick/ydg
[...]

Yanno what? At no time, pursuant to this, will I ever even LOOK at YDG
designs. What a nasty thing to do.

Maude

Old July 30th 03, 06:40 PM
Caryn

I can understand your concern about YDG's response - however before judging
her post & your reaction - it might be useful to understand what Nathalie
has supposedly "done" to her and other designers etc to make such a
statement necessary!"
Just a thought!

Here's the problem I had with YDG's post...

a) Nathalie doesn't post here any longer, so YDG knew that only her side of the
issue would be shown.

b) The post stated that all parties had until the end of Aug to return all
property belonging to others. This is still a full month away. Couldn't she
have waited until that deadline had passed before taking this public?

I don't know the whole story, I'm not saying I do. I don't know the parties
involved.

The overall tone of YDG's post was nasty for nasty's sake. At least that's how
I read it.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old July 30th 03, 07:14 PM
madeupagin

"Teresa Reynolds" wrote in message
I can understand your concern about YDG's response - however before

judging
her post & your reaction - it might be useful to understand what Nathalie
has supposedly "done" to her and other designers etc to make such a
statement necessary!"
Just a thought!

Terry

You can keep your thought. What that said was totally and completely
unnecessary and completely unnecessary.

I remember one time, oh, about six-seven years ago, a bunch of the folks
here got on a rag about a shop. They put that poor owner into a nervous
breakdown. Now, that was productive, wasn't it? I mean, with the poor
woman unable to even speak she was so upset (setbacks happen to EVERYONE --
period!) she surely didn't get the things to her customers more quickly, did
she? No, what was said on this group, provoked or not, put that shop out of
business and even those of us who were satisfied customers lost . . . .

I don't give a rat's ass what happened between these two -- it should have
STAYED between them.

Tere

Old July 30th 03, 10:28 PM
Brenda Lewis

I agree with your points. I decided this is just a back-handed method
of advertising. "Poor me, take pity and look for my designs but not
with this company." I trashed it the way I trash all non-entertaining,
unsolicited ads. I vaguely remember the name Nathalie from long ago,
but nothing else about her so she obviously didn't make any impact (good
or bad) on me.

--
Brenda Lewis
WIP: J. Himsworth "I Shall Not Want" xs