hologram and metallic disc material

Old January 27th 04, 11:36 PM
Eve Poret

Default hologram and metallic disc material

I have approximately 200 yards of beautiful and unusual fabric which I
am willing to sell for 20% of the wholesale price. The bulk is silver
hologram, a lesser amount in purple hologram and 3 black fabrics with
silver, gold and black metallic disks. I would be happy to mail
swatches to anyone who might be interested. If you have any
suggestions of whom I might contact to sell this material. Please let
me know. Thank you.
Old January 28th 04, 04:42 AM
Kay Lancaster

On 27 Jan 2004 14:36:51 -0800, Eve Poret wrote:
I have approximately 200 yards of beautiful and unusual fabric which I
am willing to sell fo

rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace is thataway ==

Your post is against the charter for most newsgroups. See:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/adve.../how-to/part1/

Old January 28th 04, 11:35 AM
Rozz

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On 27 Jan 2004 14:36:51 -0800, Eve Poret wrote:
I have approximately 200 yards of beautiful and unusual fabric which I
am willing to sell fo

rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace is thataway ==

Your post is against the charter for most newsgroups. See:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/adve.../how-to/part1/

Err, in case you hadn't noticed some of us still do a weird thing called
"sewing". It involves buying material, and using a pointy piece of metal
(which is sometimes attached to a machine) to join two or more edges of
fabric together in order to create articles to cover ourselves with. This
being a goth fashion group, it is likely that a post about some cheap,
unusual fabric may actually be rather useful to some of us.

Rozz

Old January 28th 04, 12:18 PM
Kate Dicey

Rozz wrote:

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On 27 Jan 2004 14:36:51 -0800, Eve Poret wrote:
I have approximately 200 yards of beautiful and unusual fabric which I
am willing to sell fo

rec.crafts.textiles.marketplace is thataway ==

Your post is against the charter for most newsgroups. See:
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/adve.../how-to/part1/

Err, in case you hadn't noticed some of us still do a weird thing called
"sewing". It involves buying material, and using a pointy piece of metal
(which is sometimes attached to a machine) to join two or more edges of
fabric together in order to create articles to cover ourselves with. This
being a goth fashion group, it is likely that a post about some cheap,
unusual fabric may actually be rather useful to some of us.

Rozz

rec.crafts.textiles.sewing is NOT a goth fashion group - it's a general
sewing group that does NOT accept ads. At all. Ever. And if I want
tacky fabric like that, I know where to get it at a very good price, and
it isn't here! This is a news group for exchanging sewing information,
not a market place.

Sewing it is a right ole pain in the bum, too... BTDT, with both sewing
machine and serger, and it wears needles and breaks threads like they
were going out of style! If I never get asked to sew it again, I'll be
well pleased. 5 years on I'm still finding sequins bonded to the
carpet!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 28th 04, 07:24 PM
Cynthia Spilsted

I'm with Kate on this one! You have to bind all seams so that they don't
scrape the poor wearer raw, as well. I charge extra to sew anything with
the garbage because of the extra cost of supplies and trouble. Plus, the
finished product is not worth the extra effort. Far more stunning outfits
can be made with 'regular' fabric and individual finishing techniques such
as beading, sequins or fabric paints.

Cynthia