Blankets for America

Old May 4th 04, 03:53 PM
Nicole

Default Blankets for America

I would just like to alert this group to a newly formed group that
makes blankets for children and adults at risk, in shelters, or in
need of extra support. Currently we are working on projects for
babies and preemies. Later in the summer we will be making blankets
for Pine Ridge Reservation in SD. If you would like to learn more
about our group please go to http://blankets.grassrootsforamerica.us
Old May 4th 04, 04:09 PM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 4 May 2004 07:53:03 -0700, Nicole wrote:

I would just like to alert this group to a newly formed group that
makes blankets for children and adults at risk, in shelters, or in
need of extra support. Currently we are working on projects for
babies and preemies. Later in the summer we will be making blankets
for Pine Ridge Reservation in SD. If you would like to learn more
about our group please go to http://blankets.grassrootsforamerica.us

Thank you, Nicole. Some of us are involved in other ways... Nora for one
does Project Linus, and I make blankets/afghans for Veteran's....
Hugs,
Noreen
Old May 4th 04, 04:30 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Nicole,

Yes, I make afghans for Project Linus and there are many great projects that
people do all over the US and other countries.

Hugs,

Nora
Old May 4th 04, 08:46 PM
GSHEPDOG

would just like to alert this group to a newly formed group that
makes blankets for children and adults at risk, in shelters, or in
need of extra support.

Hi:

I just visited the website and have a couple of questions: Why aren't
donations to this particular website deductible for federal income tax
purposes? (The note stating such is found at the bottom of the contribute
page.)

Also, when I clicked on the words "Join Us" I was led to a Yahoo page saying
this was a group of "supporters of Howard Dean and his progressive agenda . .
..).

So is this a political group or a charity group?

Disclaimer: I am not trying to start trouble but I honestly don't know what to
classify this organization as.

Lee

Collection of 6 old Welsh Blankets Carthenni FA Sally Marketplace 0 October 25th 04 04:01 PM
Blankets for America Nicole Quilting 13 May 8th 04 05:23 PM
need advice on simple pet blankets Filigree00 Sewing 9 December 8th 03 05:52 AM
pls help--need good source for discount on malden mills fleece for more baby blankets :-) [email protected] Sewing 5 November 18th 03 10:42 AM
update on baby blankets... [email protected] Sewing 3 November 3rd 03 04:56 PM