need help with a book title/author

Old August 3rd 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

Default need help with a book title/author

There's a book, out in the past year, that involves putting shadows
into your quilt design to give a look of depth. I can't remember the
name of the book or the author and try searching Amazon.com with that
missing! Can anybody help? It's not shadow quilting, it's about using
fabric to give the impression of shadows in the design. Any help would
be appreciated.

Sunny

Old August 3rd 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen, Queen of Squishies

Here ya go!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_qlt/e..._37658,00.html

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old August 3rd 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Terbear

Hi Sunny,
as Karen pointed out, it is Colleen Wise....and if you grab Sept/Oct's issue
of Quiltmaker, she has a pattern in there for a quilt called Cluster Class,
really a great depth quilt!
good luck

Teri

--
Terbear~Curator of the HUG Gallery~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/HUGS

Teri's quilts~
http://gallery.ppwp.com/gallery/Tquilts

ups.com...

Old August 3rd 06, 07:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sunny

HUGS to Karen!! Casting Shadows by Colleen Wise. I'm going to buy it
on August 18. (Got to wait until my "quilty piggy bank" fills back up
LOL) This is an exciting book. I looked at it very carefully a couple
months ago and have been thinking of it on and off since then.

Thanks again, Karen. Everybody havea great day!
Sunny

Old August 3rd 06, 08:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
NancyB

On Thu, 03 Aug 2006 17:39:53 GMT, "Karen, Queen of
Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote:

Here ya go!

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/shows_qlt/e..._37658,00.html

What a NEAT technique!
Old August 3rd 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Val

Try this link for a non budget busting price on that book. Less than half
retail. I've bought through this site for years and have never been
disappointed. http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQpr...pidZ1267191861

It was bought up by the eBay people a few years ago but they haven't changed
as far as quality and speed goes. You don't bid, these books are for sale.
I've also bought VCR tapes and DVDs and CDs from this site and never once
was unhappy with what I got. They have different degrees of use from 'Brand
New" to "Well Used" and the in all the times I've bought the descriptions
have been very accurate.

Good luck with your book,
Val

ups.com...

Old August 3rd 06, 09:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*

.....and i see its on air on the 7th August, this coming monday, just a few
days away.
lucky you, must be fate for it to air just when you need it, Sunny, lol.
cant wait to see what you make with this method, dont forget pix as you go
if possible.
cheers from a foggy (cant see a huge norfolk pine tree in the next street)
auckland winter morning,
jeanne
--
san-fran at ihug dot co dot nz
nzlstar on yahoo msg'r

Old August 3rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

More info and excerpt from Colleen Wise's "Casting Shadows":

http://www.ctpub.com/productdetails.cfm?PC=882

Good luck!

Ragmop/Sandy

On 8/3/06 1:03 PM, in article
, "Sunny"

Old August 7th 06, 05:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jane Kay

I think I found the book you are looking for. It is "Casting
Shadows-Creating Visual Dimension in Your Quilts" by Colleen Wise
C&T Publishing
IBSN# 1-57120-295-1

Hope this helps
Jane in NE Ohio

ups.com...

Old August 7th 06, 07:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

http://tinyurl.com/qdfx7
Lovely book. I have made a couple of the designs. Highly
recommended.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Jane Kay" wrote in message
:I think I found the book you are looking for. It is
"Casting
: Shadows-Creating Visual Dimension in Your Quilts" by
Colleen Wise
: C&T Publishing
: IBSN# 1-57120-295-1
: