today's Simply Quilts

Old August 3rd 06, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Default New Magazine - today's Simply Quilts

Expected to see quilter's homes with their 'Sewing rooms/studios' etc. Was
quite disappointed in the whole set up. Won't be getting it again as I felt
the title was very misleading.

Butterfly

"Marcella Peek" wrote in message
I thought it was ok - not great. They tried to do more than just your
basic quilt patterns and a couple of articles magazine. They showed
fabric collections and then paint swatches so you could coordinate the
rooms (hint, they always loved earth tones no matter what the fabric
was) a bunch of egg recipes and interesting article on someone who
makes quilts a'la Vera Wang wedding dresses (tucks, embellishments) I
thought it was a bit uneven but it is their first issue.

http://www.quiltershomemag.com/aboutqh/

You can see what's in the magazines and order a copy if it appeals

marcella

In article ,
"Cats" wrote:

I haven't seen Quilter's Home out here yet.

Please tell me this is not ANOTHER magazine that MUST be
crammed onto my already bulging library bookshelves LOL
http://tinyurl.com/kazn6

Any reviews of the new magazine yet? What do you think of
it?

--

Cheryl & the Cats

Old August 3rd 06, 10:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

Me too. I was very disppointed. I was looking for ways to integrate more
quilts into my home decor. You know, something other than hanging them on
every wall or laying them on every flat surface in my house.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

Old August 3rd 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sharon Harper

LOL - wouldn't we all!!!

http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes awhile to load)
quicker)
"Sandy Foster" wrote in message
In article ,
"Cats" wrote:

I haven't seen Quilter's Home out here yet.

Please tell me this is not ANOTHER magazine that MUST be
crammed onto my already bulging library bookshelves LOL
http://tinyurl.com/kazn6

Any reviews of the new magazine yet? What do you think of
it?

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
~ ~ ~
Enness Boofhead Donut
Now in hibernation with a wake-up call for Spring!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

I haven't seen it yet, either -- but I'd give my eyeteeth for shelf
space like yours! g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education

Old August 4th 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Cats" wrote:

LOL - that's the "book part". There is three times as much
more for fabric.

I LOVE my sewing room - and so does half the town here
LOL

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _
Enness Boofhead Donut
Now in hibernation with a wake-up call for Spring!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

Can you see me turning pea green? (Note: *not* lime green! g)

Old August 4th 06, 01:27 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Sewing Space was New Magazine - today's Simply Quilts

Sandy - you are more than welcome to come play here anytime.
This place is referred to by one-and-all as "The Playroom"
LOL

The irony is that this a lifetime collection and less than 2
weeks before I retired from the Air Force my eyesight was
damaged beyond repair. So I don't sew much anymore. But
"the girls" here think it's great! Further irony - I am
legally vision impaired and cannot drive, but I teach
sewing. The sewers here cannot understand how I can stand
on the other side of the room and correct them when they do
something wrong or if their bobbin is about to run out
ROFL (do do do do do do do do ((spooky music)) )

Moral - never put off something you REALLY want to do!!!
You may not get another chance.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

: "Cats" wrote:
:
: LOL - that's the "book part". There is three times as
much
: more for fabric.
:
: I LOVE my sewing room - and so does half the town here
: LOL
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats
: _ _ _ _ _ _
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: ~ ~ ~
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau
:
:
: Can you see me turning pea green? (Note: *not* lime green!
g)
: --
: Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
: my ISP is earthlink.net -- put sfoster1(at) in front

Old August 4th 06, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Irrational Number

Valerie in FL wrote:

Me too. I was very disppointed. I was looking for ways to integrate more
quilts into my home decor. You know, something other than hanging them on
every wall or laying them on every flat surface in my house.

Wouldn't that be cool? I'd love to read a magazine
about quilted shower curtains, quilted playmats,
quilted cushion covers, quilted chair backs, etc.

-- Anita --
Old August 4th 06, 03:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Quilt Décor New Magazine - today'sSimply Quilts

Howdy!

Get a copy of Nancy J. Martin's "Make Room for Quilts"
to find some beautifully displayed quilts, lots of ideas for decorating
with and around and for quilts. I love this book.
http://tinyurl.com/ryl66
Also see her books " Decorate With Quilts & Collections" &
"Make Room for Christmas Quilts" for many more quilts-around-the-house
suggestions. Great pics.

As for this guy's magazine, hmm...flipped thru' it at a store
....it does seem very "Oprah",
all about One person and his Vision. Which is fine if that's what a
person wants, the Wonderful World of Quilter Mark.
From the tips I've heard and read him give, well, little new or original
there. And the part where he's going to bring something new to the
downtrodden quilters of this world & create himself out of his boredom --
maybe he shouldn't stop looking for that bridge. ;-P
HMMV

Ragmop/Sandy -- I live in a quilty house ;-D

Old August 4th 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

I read your recommendation and thought "hey - what's one
more book on the already over stacked shelves?" so I went to
take a look.

OUCH!!

The only dealer offering international shipping wants $57+
for a used copy. I sure hope it's a nice book, but I will
never know LOL

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _
Enness Boofhead Donut
Now in hibernation with a wake-up call for Spring!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
: Howdy!
:
: Get a copy of Nancy J. Martin's "Make Room for Quilts"
: to find some beautifully displayed quilts, lots of ideas
for decorating
: with and around and for quilts. I love this book.
: http://tinyurl.com/ryl66
: Also see her books " Decorate With Quilts & Collections" &
: "Make Room for Christmas Quilts" for many more
quilts-around-the-house
: suggestions. Great pics.
:
: As for this guy's magazine, hmm...flipped thru' it at a
store
: ...it does seem very "Oprah",
: all about One person and his Vision. Which is fine if
that's what a
: person wants, the Wonderful World of Quilter Mark.
: From the tips I've heard and read him give, well, little
new or original
: there. And the part where he's going to bring something
new to the
: downtrodden quilters of this world & create himself out of
his boredom --
: maybe he shouldn't stop looking for that bridge. ;-P
: HMMV
:
: Ragmop/Sandy -- I live in a quilty house ;-D
:
: On 8/3/06 4:36 PM, in article
,
:

Old August 4th 06, 04:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

Have to agree with Ragmop on this one - Make Room for Quilts is one of my
favorite quilt books. Great way to spend the evening, while half way
watching TV, looking through Make Room for Quilts at the same time.

--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

"Sandy Ellison" wrote in message
Howdy!

Get a copy of Nancy J. Martin's "Make Room for Quilts"
to find some beautifully displayed quilts, lots of ideas for decorating
with and around and for quilts. I love this book.
http://tinyurl.com/ryl66
Also see her books " Decorate With Quilts & Collections" &
"Make Room for Christmas Quilts" for many more quilts-around-the-house
suggestions. Great pics.

As for this guy's magazine, hmm...flipped thru' it at a store
...it does seem very "Oprah",
all about One person and his Vision. Which is fine if that's what a
person wants, the Wonderful World of Quilter Mark.
From the tips I've heard and read him give, well, little new or original

Old August 4th 06, 02:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Cats" wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Cheryl -- I think the commute might break the bank, though.
As for the book Ragmop recommended to you, do you want me to order it
for you and ship it to you? I promise it wouldn't cost anything like
what you saw elsewhere. G