today's Simply Quilts

Old August 2nd 06, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

Default today's Simply Quilts

If any of you caught today's episode of SQ, you met Mark. I've been in my
LQS when Mark has popped in - he's a whirlwind. He's worked at the shop and
taught classes too. I do remember that someone hear spoke of his new
magazine, Quilter's Home. That is his baby and it had articles about others
at the shop. A new issue is due out soon.
--
Bonnie
NJ

Old August 2nd 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I liked the first issue of "Quilter's Home" and look forward to the
new issue. I even wrote Mark a letter suggesting an interesting topic
for another issue. Never mailed it. Your email reminded me to reread
the letter and send it on its way. Now I must go watch the SQ from
yesterday. Always Tivo it.

Susan

Old August 2nd 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default New Magazine - today's Simply Quilts

I haven't seen Quilter's Home out here yet.

Please tell me this is not ANOTHER magazine that MUST be
crammed onto my already bulging library bookshelves LOL
http://tinyurl.com/kazn6

Any reviews of the new magazine yet? What do you think of
it?

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

"Susan Laity Price" wrote in
message ...
:I liked the first issue of "Quilter's Home" and look
forward to the
: new issue. I even wrote Mark a letter suggesting an
interesting topic
: for another issue. Never mailed it. Your email reminded me
to reread
: the letter and send it on its way. Now I must go watch the
SQ from
: yesterday. Always Tivo it.
:
: Susan
:

:

Old August 2nd 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Cats" wrote:

I haven't seen Quilter's Home out here yet.

Please tell me this is not ANOTHER magazine that MUST be
crammed onto my already bulging library bookshelves LOL
http://tinyurl.com/kazn6

Any reviews of the new magazine yet? What do you think of
it?

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
~ ~ ~
Enness Boofhead Donut
Now in hibernation with a wake-up call for Spring!
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

I haven't seen it yet, either -- but I'd give my eyeteeth for shelf
space like yours! g
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 2nd 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

You missed the Premiere Issue, the second will be coming out soon. I really
enjoyed it, but I know some of the people so I could be just a little
prejudiced ;-)

--
Bonnie
NJ

:

Old August 2nd 06, 08:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

Let's just say if you aren't gay-friendly, you won't like this magazine.
The editor (and writer of nearly all of the article) is very open. ;-)

Old August 2nd 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

I thought it was ok - not great. They tried to do more than just your
basic quilt patterns and a couple of articles magazine. They showed
fabric collections and then paint swatches so you could coordinate the
rooms (hint, they always loved earth tones no matter what the fabric
was) a bunch of egg recipes and interesting article on someone who
makes quilts a'la Vera Wang wedding dresses (tucks, embellishments) I
thought it was a bit uneven but it is their first issue.

http://www.quiltershomemag.com/aboutqh/

You can see what's in the magazines and order a copy if it appeals

marcella

Old August 2nd 06, 11:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Thanks all.

I will sit back and watch.

--

Cheryl & the Cats
_ _ _ _ _ _

: "Cats" wrote:
:
: I haven't seen Quilter's Home out here yet.
:
: Please tell me this is not ANOTHER magazine that MUST be
: crammed onto my already bulging library bookshelves
LOL
: http://tinyurl.com/kazn6
:
: Any reviews of the new magazine yet? What do you think
of
: it?
:
: --
:
: Cheryl & the Cats

Old August 3rd 06, 03:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Susan Laity Price

I found the magazine interesting. It is different but that is the
reason for the magazine. Please don't be upset that a "quilting"
magazine has recipes. From past experience in the publishing industry
I can tell you that the food industry spends a lot more money on
advertising than the quilting industry. Those few pages of recipes
will attract food industry ads which will help pay for the magazine
production. I am hoping that this magazine will publish many more
issues.

Susan

Old August 3rd 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
KJ

My reaction too Marcella. One of my friends who has a solid journalism
background thought it was awful. The Vera Wang article really rankled her.
Very little about Vera Wang...just an homage to her style was her comment I
believe. I was turned off by the first person voice on so many of the
articles....Mark's voice I guess. I "might" try a second one, but I'll look
through it first. I'll not be subscribing.
KJ