spel ck

Old December 31st 11, 11:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterfly-Wings

Default spel ck

is not working. and the internet is so slow it doesn't even register 1.0 and
it's suppose to be 5.0

Butterfly (Do the gators eat compie line ppl? )

Old January 1st 12, 12:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

You know, it's worse than that. I wrote that something somebody had
stitched was irresistible and spel ck changed it to irritable. You gotta
keep an eye on that pompous rascal. And do be kind to the cable folks out
celebrating the holiday. Just pray they all get home safely and have a good
hangover cure. Polly

Old January 1st 12, 09:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Here's a link along the same lines. A poet, former math/english teacher by
the name of Taylor Mali. Was the guest speaker at my Christa McAuliffe
Fellowship dinner. I've never laughed so hard in my entire life. Some
lines are a little blue, but it does show the importance of proofreading,
let alone spell checking.

Spew Warning.

http://www.taylormali.com/index.cfm?webid=30

Steven
Alaska

Old January 1st 12, 02:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bobbie Sews More

Thanks for posting the link. I got a good laugh out of it. And I sent this
along to a former English teacher.
Barbara in FL

Old January 1st 12, 04:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Ginger in CA

Great link!

Yep, in my job we have to figure anything put in the minutes to a
hearing are going to be splashed on the front page of the newspaper.
At least when the computer finalizes what I put in, 99% of the time
the spelling is correct.

And now you know why it has always been so difficult to teach someone
how to read English, so many words sound alike and spell different, or
spell the same and sound different.

Ginger in CA
we have Santa Ana winds this morning.

Old January 1st 12, 04:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pam[_2_]

Thank you!
Thanks for sending the link to the "Spel Chek" poem. I laughed and forwarded
it on.....
But thank you even more for sending the link to the website for Taylor Mali.
I looked around and read a couple of other poems- "What Teachers Make" and
the one about the 7th grade Viking warrior.
And I cried. And I thank God for teachers and 7th grade boys who support
their friend.
Again- thank you, Steven, for your forward and for being a teacher. And
Happy New Year!
Pam

mmunications...

Old January 1st 12, 09:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Thank you Pam. I have one of his autographed CDs from when he spoke at our
dinner and I value it a great deal. I also have a couple others of his and
I have them all loaded on my iPod. I surely run the gamet of emotions when
I listen to them. Some have me laughing with side-splitting abandon and
others crying with wrenching sobs. He really seems to have a knack for
hitting the truth.

I should listen to some of the more uplifting ones before school starts
again on Tuesday. I really need it after the previous couple of months and
this last week. I shouldn't get so invested with a former student and his
boyfriend, but I just can't help it. I see and feel the need to help but
youth and love are powerful elements to deal with and logic and the future
seem to get thrown out the window. I can teach and they will do with it
what they will.

Thanks

Steven
Alaska

Old January 2nd 12, 06:29 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_5_]

I'm still smiling, may be a permanent mark in my head, but the remark about
'no prostitute is a substitute for editing makes me laugh everytime I think
of it. What a special thought or warning or proverb. That's really, really
good. Thanks, Steven. You are so very dear to us. Polly

Old January 2nd 12, 07:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Steven Cook

Now Polly, just imagine hearing this and others of his poems after hors'
doeuvres with a strolling string quartet, a five course meal with
white-gloved waiters, and two glasses of wine. I was so full and laughing
so hard it's a wonder I didn't get sick from laughing so hard, or wet my
pants. The other 50 or so teachers being honored were much in the same boat
as were our better halves.