S.E.X. on St. Simons Island

Old August 7th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

Default S.E.X. on St. Simons Island

So, we are home from our trip to St. Simons Island off the coast of Georgia.
The drive from Texas to Georgia and back was uneventful. As I drove by
Polly's Moss Point, MS area I was quite envious -- the salt water marshes
are so peaceful.

While I was on the island, I visited Stepping Stone Quilts and came home
with a pattern for a paper-pieced sea turtle quilt and some Moda marbles to
begin the stash for this quilt. The owner has several Featherweights for
sale, including a free-arm model for only $1400. She was displaying a
featherweight that had been enameled a bright canary yellow -- appropriately
she was named Tweetie. The store has bolts and bolts of fabric, way to many
to take in in the short time I had at the store.

It is glad to be back but I don't have time to read all the accumulated
messages, so to all in need of prayers, you have mine; to those happy
dancing, I had my two left feet to your dance. I had a wonderful time but am
glad to be home.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

Old August 7th 06, 04:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther

Well, thank you, Elizabeth. So nice to know you got to see the beginning of
our quiet place. As the crow flies, we're quite a way from the interstate
but you do get a feeling of the way time mostly stands still out here in the
swamp. DH and I both are going to have to go back to the 2nd grade
geography class when school gets in full swing. I was certain that you were
going to a Georgia island. He was sure TX, LA, MS, AL and FL cover the
coast in this direction and there was no way GA had an island. It was a
funny debate. I lost the $ 1.79 bet. Polly

k.net...

Old August 7th 06, 12:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

Default OT: St. Simons Island

Well, yeah. There are several absolutely lovely sea islands off the Georgia
coast. St. Simons is a tad more crowded than the others but still very
lovely. It appeared from looking at license plates that the vacationers were
mostly from Georgia -- the Georgia beaches don't seem to have quite the draw
that the Florida beaches further to the south have.Of course, we were there
the last week before school starts so perhaps most of the families with
school age kids had already been for vacation.

For anyone interested we used the site
www.vrbo.com to find our beach house rental. There are short term rentals
from all over the U.S. (and some international rentals too).

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
ink.net...
Well, thank you, Elizabeth. So nice to know you got to see the beginning
of our quiet place. As the crow flies, we're quite a way from the
interstate but you do get a feeling of the way time mostly stands still
out here in the swamp. DH and I both are going to have to go back to the
2nd grade geography class when school gets in full swing. I was certain
that you were going to a Georgia island. He was sure TX, LA, MS, AL and
FL cover the coast in this direction and there was no way GA had an
island. It was a funny debate. I lost the $ 1.79 bet. Polly

k.net...

Old August 7th 06, 05:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
klh in VA

Polly Esther wrote:

Well, thank you, Elizabeth. So nice to know you got to see the beginning of
our quiet place. As the crow flies, we're quite a way from the interstate
but you do get a feeling of the way time mostly stands still out here in the
swamp. DH and I both are going to have to go back to the 2nd grade
geography class when school gets in full swing. I was certain that you were
going to a Georgia island. He was sure TX, LA, MS, AL and FL cover the
coast in this direction and there was no way GA had an island.

in fact several from savannah to south of brunswick!
most of the larger ones have special stories from the 1700s
st simons is considered the home (spitually at least) of the methodist
church with the brothers wesley.

klh in va [but also from ga many years back til the usaf took me away.....]

It was a
funny debate. I lost the $ 1.79 bet. Polly

"elspeth" wrote in message
nk.net...

[...]

SCOTT 2005 + MICHEL DVD OR CD mike Rubberstamps 0 November 28th 05 05:18 PM
Aviation and S.E.X. Mika Quilting 4 November 18th 05 05:39 AM
Looking for Prince Edward Island Patterns PennyLeeD2 Needlework 4 September 6th 04 02:51 AM
Fair Island Anna MCM Yarn 1 September 8th 03 02:28 PM